• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I'm planning on walking up for this (wife permitting).

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

What makes walks so successful at many schools are the 70-100k fans they have attending the game. Getting 1,000-2,000 fans to show for the walk is enough at some places to make it look jammed.

We have 30,000 actual bodies at a lot of games, I like the idea, I just doubt the success.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

If thy send the cheerleaders or band thru the lots telling people to follow it would be a smart step. Not everyone is on twitter or here. I was the only one in our 7 person tailgate that has heard of this today

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

All the ideas of having the band march ahead of the players sounds great, but it involves the band actually getting to the stadium earlier than they do now. They typically show up 2 hours before kickoff, and still have to get dressed and tune up (all this after a walk-thru on campus).

I can't wait for the day when we have our own stadium and the band marches thru campus, stops at the Marshall Center lawn for a performance, then precedes to the stadium.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  182
  • Days Won:  2

All the ideas of having the band march ahead of the players sounds great, but it involves the band actually getting to the stadium earlier than they do now. They typically show up 2 hours before kickoff, and still have to get dressed and tune up (all this after a walk-thru on campus).

I can't wait for the day when we have our own stadium and the band marches thru campus, stops at the Marshall Center lawn for a performance, then precedes to the stadium.

I don't think we need the whole band. Just get the drum line out there in (Bulls) shirts and shorts to walk in front of the team and make a lot of noise to bring people over.

Drum line would need to get there half an hour before the rest of the band though. I don't know if that's possible with the bussing situation, but it's one possible solution.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  52
  • Days Won:  0

So people cannot interrupt their precious tailgate for 15 min to walk their asses over to great the team? Shame on the fans then for being bush league.

Agree.

You have reserved tailgate areas?    Have the walk go through those areas like the Cowboy Walk.  Problem solved.

mcm12tgcw2.jpg

Doc

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Dude; Have you seem a sky view of Ray Jay and its associated lots?

Great idea, but unfortunately impractical

Edited by Skingraft
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I'm not so sure it is laziness, as fear their stuff will walk away.

This... if we had a stadium on campus then fine I would have no issue with walking over for 15 minutes... however we currently play 15 miles off campus in Rutgers Stadium which is located in the ghetto.

A lot of expensive things can walk away in 15 minutes.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah I think best case scenario for me is 5 of 7 leave and two remain so we don't have to lock everything up