• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can it be? AAC ESPN Blog?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Did ESPN really not cover a single minute of the AAC media days!?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

That's fine, season hasn't even begun yet. We will see how the tune changes once the year starts.Everyone is touting UL as some kind of powerhouse...did anyone watch last season? How many games they just SQUEAKED by on?

They beat UF so they must be a powerhouse...right? right?

-They squeaked by us by 2 points in the final seconds of the game

-They squeaked by Southern Miss (4 points)

-They squeaked by Cincy (3 pts in OT)

-They got destroyed by Syracuse 45-26

-They lost to UCONN in triple OT

-They squeaked by Rutgers (3 pts)

Does this sound like a powerhouse program to you? Or a program who got the right bounces?

I don't know but that UF game was awesome to watch.  I would prefer all the pressure and hype to go to UL until we actually do something worth noting.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  33

Agree.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Lip service, espn threw a link up and tagged a bunch of crap articles that they were covering anyways from a national spot light. There's no blogger, no media day coverage, and no fun interview or ranking articles. It's a hollow gesture to shut up all of us whom invaded their redundant and sparsely populated Stanford blog.

Jokes on them, their transition to Facebook doomed them. ALL of their blogs are dead. Espn essentially just gave themselves a perfect excuse to axe heather dinich and Andrea adelson in the next round of cuts, and shut down the other blogs. Lol

**** espn

Edit...I never hated AA or even BB or Matt fortuna.

Edited by Danm1983
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,408
  • Days Won:  13

Do some posters on here owe ESPN an apology for overreacting while ESPN was reconfiguring thier blogs, or did ESPN respond to the negative reaction and decide to add an AAC blog?

The only reason that its back is the reaction of AAC fans. ESPN told the AAC media rep there were dropping the blog over logistics or cost or some such crap.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Do some posters on here owe ESPN an apology for overreacting while ESPN was reconfiguring thier blogs, or did ESPN respond to the negative reaction and decide to add an AAC blog?

The only reason that its back is the reaction of AAC fans. ESPN told the AAC media rep there were dropping the blog over logistics or cost or some such crap.

Like they are barely turning a profit and need to cut the AAC coverage to stay afloat... right... 

Like they are barely turning a profit and need to cut the AAC coverage to stay afloat... right... 

That was part of it, they said cost as a reason, lol. I definitely remember reading that as a reason.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  151

We don't have a designated blogger on AAC yet (that I have noticed).  Meaning that we will only catch articles that from other conferences that "also mention/tag" AAC teams.  Good luck seeing anything on there NOT about Teddy Bridgewater.. graduate already!

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693

That's fine, season hasn't even begun yet. We will see how the tune changes once the year starts.Everyone is touting UL as some kind of powerhouse...did anyone watch last season? How many games they just SQUEAKED by on?

Does this sound like a powerhouse program to you? Or a program who got the right bounces?

Preach it man. I've been saying the same thing for a while, but it falls on deaf ears. I see a similar Ville team this year. Yeah they beat up on UF, but UF wasn't that great last year. It's going to be fun when the media is wrong about Bridgewater and all of this. I'm a hater and i'm gonna hate.

Preach it man. I've been saying the same thing for a while, but it falls on deaf ears. I see a similar Ville team this year. Yeah they beat up on UF, but UF wasn't that great last year. It's going to be fun when the media is wrong about Bridgewater and all of this. I'm a hater and i'm gonna hate.

Hold on there bud. They beat the only team that beat Alabama and lost a close one to UGA, their only regular season loss. And if you watched the Alabama UGA game you know how good that Bulldogs team was last year and they should have been in the NC game.