• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Aresco on AAC bowl situation.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The only bowl that matters is the access bowl. That being said we will be jumping around for others as they will be every three years for certain bowls, some conferences not being able to fill them, etc. I really don't mind having multiple options from one year to the next. That is our situation.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

AAC is wack

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

stock-photo-3599055-weed-wacker.jpg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

i don't care one bit where we play as long as we are playing the 5 other bcs conference teams. he pitches playing a bowl in texas and hawaii like that does anything for anybody. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/45076/aresco-looks-to-the-future-of-the-american

1. Bowls. The league is working hard to finalize its bowl lineup, which will look different beginning in 2014. The league will no longer have tie-ins to the New Era Pinstripe Bowl, Belk Bowl or Russell Athletic Bowl. Aresco said that the league is working on continuing its tie-ins with the Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl in St. Petersburg, Fla., the BBVA Compass Bowl in Birmingham, Ala., and the Liberty Bowl in Memphis. He also added that the league has been in discussions about a bowl game in Texas, New Orleans, perhaps the Military Bowl in Washington, D.C., and occasionally in Hawaii (that bowl has a tie-in with Conference USA that ends this season).

As for opponents, Aresco expects to continue to play the SEC in Birmingham. The Liberty could feature the Big 12, as could the Texas Bowl game. The league wants to keep playing the ACC as well. Aresco also mentioned there have been preliminary discussions about playing the Pac-12 in the new South Florida bowl game the American wants to create, and to play in Marlins Park.

Aresco hopes to have more bowl tie-ins than the current five, though he also acknowledged the league may be in a good position to receive at-large bids, too. He hopes to have some announcements in the next two to four weeks.

"We’ll end up fine," Aresco said. "We’ll have a chance to challenge. The key thing, too, is we do have access to the college football playoff system. If our champion is the highest-ranked team of the five conferences, we would be playing on New Year’s Day. That’s what we hope our champion is doing a good part of the time. We feel we have a good opportunity there."

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

@McMurphyESPN: American & ACC agree to 6-year deal w/Military Bowl starting in 2014, sources told @ESPN. Bowl will be at Navy

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

@McMurphyESPN: American & ACC agree to 6-year deal w/Military Bowl starting in 2014, sources told @ESPN. Bowl will be at Navy

I expect it to be the #2 AAC rep vs. the #8 ACC rep - guess we'll take what we can get.  I do hear Annapolis is a beautiful town.  

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I expect it to be the #2 AAC rep vs. the #8 ACC rep - guess we'll take what we can get. I do hear Annapolis is a beautiful town.

Great crabs and other seafood.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

3 to 6 vs 7 to 10 seed of ACC... Not terrible... Wonder where our 1 and 2 seeds are headed?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I expect it to be the #2 AAC rep vs. the #8 ACC rep - guess we'll take what we can get.  I do hear Annapolis is a beautiful town.  

I'm guessing the AAC and ACC will alternate against one of the Academies, usually Navy

Stopped in Annapolis town this past weekend on the way back from the beach.

Very nice downtown/ yacht harbor. Lots of outdoor cafes, great people-watching.

Would definitely go to this game, if we're in it. Maybe even if we're not.