• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deiondre Porter, DTQB, Jefferson HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I get the rub on that, but we know that's how many if not most if the state/country views us. Why are we surprised when a recruit has the same view? I don't like what he said, but it's just the truth. I don't like the truth either, but as a Bulls fan it comes with the territory. Big picture, he just told it like it is.

I agree completely ... but we still don't have to like it. Just like Seth's parting shot, true but totally uncalled for i a lot of our's opinion.

So we're all up in arms about one comment not phrased well by a 17/18 year old that has never been in front of a camera before.  Kind of ridiculous to expect a teenager to state things as politically correct  as a 30 year old professional with years of experience speaking to the media.  We need to get over ourselves.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I get the rub on that, but we know that's how many if not most if the state/country views us. Why are we surprised when a recruit has the same view? I don't like what he said, but it's just the truth. I don't like the truth either, but as a Bulls fan it comes with the territory. Big picture, he just told it like it is.

I agree completely ... but we still don't have to like it. Just like Seth's parting shot, true but totally uncalled for i a lot of our's opinion.

So we're all up in arms about one comment not phrased well by a 17/18 year old that has never been in front of a camera before.  Kind of ridiculous to expect a teenager to state things as politically correct  as a 30 year old professional with years of experience speaking to the media.  We need to get over ourselves.

Not "politically correct" ... just "classy" would suffice.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,633
  • Days Won:  424

You mean like this professional?

Exactly.  

Seriously, Porter was making a statement that wasn't derogatory about USF.  He was trying to say that Florida currently has more prestige.  

If he had gone all Sherman on USF, that would have been classless.  If he had merely phrased things differently no one would be upset.  He could have just said "It's always been my dream to go to Florida".

I don't see any reason to consider the teenage kid classless just because he didn't phrase things as well as he could have.

In any case, it's been proven time and again that anyone that decommits from USF gets the same treatment.  While you may not have been upset, others would have said the exact same things no matter what came out of Porter's mouth.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  2

Exactly.  

Seriously, Porter was making a statement that wasn't derogatory about USF.  He was trying to say that Florida currently has more prestige.  

If he had gone all Sherman on USF, that would have been classless.  If he had merely phrased things differently no one would be upset.  He could have just said "It's always been my dream to go to Florida".

I don't see any reason to consider the teenage kid classless just because he didn't phrase things as well as he could have.

In any case, it's been proven time and again that anyone that decommits from USF gets the same treatment.  While you may not have been upset, others would have said the exact same things no matter what came out of Porter's mouth.

I am just now chiming in because I prefer to lurk...

Regardless of how decommits are normally treated, no one is bashing this kid unfairly (from what I read). Everyone who has said something negative has addressed that they didn't like the manner in which he decommitted, not by attacking him personally.

His approach was tactless. He violated the "don't be a d*ck" rule. All he had to do was say "I'm excited about the opportunity to be a gator." full stop. Instead he said something derogatory about our school. It was classless. It doesn't make him a bad person, just an immature one. Almost everyone on here realizes that. 

:2cents:

• Upvote 1

Exactly.  

Regardless of how decommits are normally treated, no one is bashing this kid unfairly (from what I read). Everyone who has said something negative has addressed that they didn't like the manner in which he decommitted, not by attacking him personally.

His approach was tactless. He violated the "don't be a d*ck" rule. All he had to do was say "I'm excited about the opportunity to be a gator." full stop. Instead he said something derogatory about our school. It was classless. It doesn't make him a bad person, just an immature one. Almost everyone on here realizes that. 

Welcome to the board, post more often!

Well stated.  But having lived with these folks for years, I would say many on here do not realize that.   ;)

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Exactly.  

Welcome to the board, post more often!

Well stated.  But having lived with these folks for years, I would say many on here do not realize that.   ;)

Link?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  74
  • Days Won:  0

So I am jumping in because we have most of our class and I love recruiting. So this one is crazy bulls. I know he visited UCF so he came up , but the kid seemed super tight with other usf commits and he was vocal about it. Then at the drop of a hat he is a gator. I guess some kids talk...errr...tweet too much. He should have never made so many pro usf comments if he was going to flip like that.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

So I am jumping in because we have most of our class and I love recruiting. So this one is crazy bulls. I know he visited UCF so he came up , but the kid seemed super tight with other usf commits and he was vocal about it. Then at the drop of a hat he is a gator. I guess some kids talk...errr...tweet too much. He should have never made so many pro usf comments if he was going to flip like that.

Thanks, Captain Obvious :popcorn:

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  74
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks, Captain Obvious :popcorn:
Guess I deserved that..perplexing