• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deiondre Porter, DTQB, Jefferson HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Time to close the thread...no hope, according to the "experts" (kidding).  Newberg adjusts his "Crystal Ball" after the offer...brilliant.  Should be called "Reactive Ball".

John C. Cotey â€@JohnnyHomeTeam 42m I didn't think USF was going to hold on to Deiondre Porter before the Florida offer. Now, you can just forget about it.

Ricky Sailor â€@unsignedpreps 1h After getting offer @DtrackstaP ran out of class, down the halls with pants falling down!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

Stinks especially because if I'm not mistaken we're still waiting to hear what the big news with Quinton Flowers was. Could be seeing a worst case scenario of both Porter and Flowers leaving and no QB in this class.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Stinks especially because if I'm not mistaken we're still waiting to hear what the big news with Quinton Flowers was. Could be seeing a worst case scenario of both Porter and Flowers leaving and no QB in this class.

We didn't need a QB or RB in this class anyway.

Not sure we NEED a QB, but it'd be good to get one.  Not sure either of them is a true QB, but many here are closer to their skills than I am.

Don't think we need an RB either, but obviously, if we could land a stud, we snag 'em.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

Not sure we NEED a QB, but it'd be good to get one.  Not sure either of them is a true QB, but many here are closer to their skills than I am.

Don't think we need an RB either, but obviously, if we could land a stud, we snag 'em.

WE NEED A QB

Florida has three 4 star CBs in this class, and a 4 star QB.  Porter might have a hard time finding the field, unless they are looking at him as WR.  He's a bit small to play SEC QB, in my view.(not an expect, but he looks slight of build).

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=739&yr=2014

Also, one of the 4 star CBs is from Immokolee.  Wonder if there is ANY chance Jimmy Bayes is tugging at him to come to USF.  Dare to dream.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

That said, we love when players decommit & come to USF...so we have to endure it when it cuts the other way.

We are usually with the kid the whole way though. Not at the last minute back up plan.

Those are the ones that hurt.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

Personally I get the whole OOOO i got a Florida offer excitement! But if I were him I would look at it this way? Why commit to a team who has offered you this late in the game meaning you were obviously way lower on their list? If a team isn't investing in you during recruiting you're probably one of the last guys on their radar and they will likewise be focusing on developing a lot of other players ahead of you. And on the flip side you have another team who has been with you from the getgo, who will feature you from the start? It becomes about do you wanna make a name for yourself or just hang your hang your hat on what past players have done (which with mis champ doesn't look like its going back that way either) but either way wishing porter luck with his decision it's a big one.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

What better way to stick to those Tampa Dream Team roots than to give a middle finger salute to that UF offer and stick with USF? Giddens did it back in 2009, why can't Porter do it this year?