• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Football 2013 Predictions - Athlon Sports

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If we can't get at least 8 wins in the ****** conference then we deserve to remain in the AAC.

Even with a new coach, we should have no issues getting some victories over the likes of UCF, SMU, Temple, etc.

Our main issues last season, and since Leavitt got canned was Holtz and BJD... both are gone and I think we finally have a real coach at the helm.

We only play 8 conference games, so you're predicting an undefeated season of conference play? I like it, and hope for it, but don't think it's realistic.

OTOH, if you're predicting 8-4 overall, assuming 2-2 in OOC play, that'd be 6-2 in conference play (losses to Sparty, Canes, Ville, and either RU or UCF?)

That would be a pretty good season, overall, compared to last year.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Our main issues last season, and since Leavitt got canned was Holtz and BJD... both are gone and I think we finally have a real coach at the helm.

B.J. was not a main issue at all. Not sure what games you were watching.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

B.J. was not a main issue at all. Not sure what games you were watching.

Bubba's world can be a very mysterious place at times ....

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,409
  • Days Won:  13

The defense was a result of Holtz's bend but don't break strategy. (It broke)

Holtz? I'd put it on the still unemployed DC, Chris Cosh.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The more I see things happening with some of the players under Holtz right now and look back at the last quarter collpases plus the way we ran our offense the last couple of years, I am feeling better that if Taggart proves to have any sense of how to manage his players and the games and if we can get any productivity whatsoever from the QB position we are going to have a much better team than a lot of people expect.  

I am not going to say that Holtz didn't have a clue about how to use the talent that he had, but I found it really amazing that for the last 2 years we couldn't find one player on the team to return punts, but in his time on the field as pro (in Canada) Lindsey Lamar returns a punt 88 yards for a TD and there isn't a player anywhere near him.  Now one play, of course, does not make a player, but come on, when Holtz got here Lamar was one of the best special teams players in the conference.  How is it it that with his apparent ability Holtz couldn't figure out that he could return punts too?  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,772
  • Days Won:  3

Two - count 'em two - conference wins, doubling the conference wins per year over the past two seasons would be a pretty good season. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Two - count 'em two - conference wins, doubling the conference wins per year over the past two seasons would be a pretty good season. 

I would not consider 4-4 this year in conference as a good season, especially since we're likely to go 2-2 OOC.

We need 6-8 wins in conference play to call it a good season.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

I will be disappointed if we finish with less than 7 wins this year. Even with a new QB. I expect our talent and speed to beat all of the newcomers including UCF. I see losses to Mich St., Miami, Ville and Cinncy or Miami. I am hoping we go 8-4.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,772
  • Days Won:  3

I admire your optimism, but a 3-9 team that graduated 25 seniors, with a new coach and untried QB coming off a previous 5-7 year ....I dunno. I'd be tempted to lean towards wins over McNeese State, Florida Atlantic, Southern Methodist, Memphis and maybe, maybe Uconn (given that we're 5-5 with them). 2014 might be a different story, but I really do think this is a rebuilding season. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Keeping the sad theme going

http://youtu.be/Vx6hmUv06tg