• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC future bowl situation is in complete shambles

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I would think the bowl package will be less attractive, but I thought USF's schedule would be less attractive going forward and that is not the case.

The bowl games have to change significantly, because the geography of the conference has changed significantly.  Not sure why anyone is shocked.  The question is what it will look like in the end, and we don't know that yet.

:WVUonFire: 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

Just so I get the joke...TSA/Bucs have no interest in hosting a second bowl...however, hosting the ACC championship game, did not constitute a second bowl? Not really sure about that as the ACC C'ship was touted as a huge money-making-machine that would jam-pack local hotels and restaurants like nobody's business. That's kinda what we want for a bowl, right? I just don't see why another bowl, in addition to the Outback, would be a bad idea, especially given that the teams involved would draw completely different crowds. Or is there a fear that anything less than the Outback will be another ACC C'ship type thing (for those that remember it)?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Just so I get the joke...TSA/Bucs have no interest in hosting a second bowl...however, hosting the ACC championship game, did not constitute a second bowl? Not really sure about that as the ACC C'ship was touted as a huge money-making-machine that would jam-pack local hotels and restaurants like nobody's business. That's kinda what we want for a bowl, right? I just don't see why another bowl, in addition to the Outback, would be a bad idea, especially given that the teams involved would draw completely different crowds. Or is there a fear that anything less than the Outback will be another ACC C'ship type thing (for those that remember it)?

Allegedly ...

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Allegedly ...

The ACC C'ship was the joke...

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

No Brainer. USF just has to be the highest ranked non-Power 5 team at the end of each season to claim the one playoff spot.

Allegedly ...

The ACC C'ship was the joke...

That it was ...

No Brainer. USF just has to be the highest ranked non-Power 5 team at the end of each season to claim the one playoff spot.

To claim a spot in one of the 6 playoff bowls ... 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

There is only one thing to do.  Go out and win the whole freaking thing.  There is only one bowl for us every year. To be the highest ranked non AQS. You do that every year and momentum will build. Boise ST was on the verge of doing that until the Nevada loss.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

To claim a spot in one of the 6 playoff bowls ... 

Only 1 spot goes to a non-power 5 school.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Would have been easier to beat out 10-12 teams in a power 5 conference nstead of like 50....but for now it is what it is. Boise will give us a run for our money, not to mention independents like ND/BYU. I didn't see us playing for a NC anytime soon anyway...but I was at least hoping for some GOOD bowl games.

• Upvote 1