• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC future bowl situation is in complete shambles

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I am not going through the entire list but based on SI projections there isn't gong to much left for us. Our best hope is the Power 5 cannot fill their alottment and we choose for second-tier bowls to choose from.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130521/projected-conference-bowl-lineups/

I don't know whether to laugh or cry when USF's hopes to grow the athletic program are largely based in the chance the more affluent conferences' fail to succeed in the system they themselves established and rigged in their favor.

#THINK DIFFERENT

USF hopes to grow are not tied to making some second tier bowl. Those hopes are tied to success during the regular season and making the Access bowl ... not that far different from the situation we were in.

But let's hope the future results ARE far different...

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

If we are playing a Christmas day bowl game, we need to find locations who will support the game. New York for their large Jewish population. Detroit for their large Muslim population. Or of course China. How about Toronto, we could call it the International Bowl... they don't believe in Jesus in Canada do they?

By the way .. let me go on the record that a bowl game in the Marlins Stadium is a huge mistake. 100 times better is to play it in Boca Raton at FAU and match up C-USA and the AAC.

Dec 29 Sunday Night is an open date for EverChance Field in JAX. Great location for most of the conference, reasonable lodging, Straight out I-10 for the TX clan, awesome for USF fans and the nameless ones. They are desperately looking for revenue streams and we could be in FL and not that rat's nest down South. Never been to stadium, but pics look nice. i know it won't happen this year, but the open date is a good example of their schedule.

even got a name for it The"corporate sponsor" Beach Bowl.

heck, Hooters doesn't have a bowl yet.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I am not going through the entire list but based on SI projections there isn't gong to much left for us. Our best hope is the Power 5 cannot fill their alottment and we choose for second-tier bowls to choose from.http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130521/projected-conference-bowl-lineups/

I don't know whether to laugh or cry when USF's hopes to grow the athletic program are largely based in the chance the more affluent conferences' fail to succeed in the system they themselves established and rigged in their favor.

#THINK DIFFERENT

USF hopes to grow are not tied to making some second tier bowl. Those hopes are tied to success during the regular season and making the Access bowl ... not that far different from the situation we were in.

But let's hope the future results ARE far different...

That goes without saying ...

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

A Christmas day game at 3pm ET would be good, most of the country is done opening presents and eating. The only competition is the NBA.

Given this simple fact I think that this game would be perfect for us... we would have a monopoly on college football when 99% of the country is at home in front of the tv. Hopefully the game will be a good match up though as far as teams go... only way it would work for us.

Regarding the NBA, there is no comparison... NBA is the ***** of college and pro-football.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Am I imagining things, or did there used to be a Christmas bowl in the evening years ago?

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Although I just thought of something... a Christmas day bowl while good for TV, would suck for attendance... lets face it unless you are a big name program like Notre Dame, Florida, or Bama people are not going to abandon Christmas traditions for a bowl game.

Thus a Christmas day game would do nothing for the image of the AAC or MWC given that the stands will be bare and empty.

Edited by Bubba Bull

Play it at a stadium down in Puerto Rico on Christmas evening. No passport needed. Frequent, inexpensive flights. Who wouldn't want to go to the Caribbean for Christmas? Pollo Tropical Bowl!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Play it at a stadium down in Puerto Rico on Christmas evening. No passport needed. Frequent, inexpensive flights. Who wouldn't want to go to the Caribbean for Christmas? Pollo Tropical Bowl!

Call it the Buffet Bowl!!

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Well, maybe we could start with. There are no stadiums in Puerto Rico......That aren't made of wood of course.

Max capacity 22k built in 1974.

http://www.worldstadiums.com/middle_america/countries/puerto_rico.shtml

Edited by Bullwinkle

Well, maybe we could start with. There are no stadiums in Puerto Rico......That aren't made of wood of course.

Max capacity 22k built in 1974.

http://www.worldstadiums.com/middle_america/countries/puerto_rico.shtml

You didn't hear about the new one they're building down there? It's called "Take a ******* Joke" stadium. Who the hell actually goes looking up stadium capacities for possible bowl locations in Puerto Rico that we can name after Jimmy Buffett or Pollo Tropical? Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 2