• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC future bowl situation is in complete shambles

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

A few weeks ago this board wanted to fire Woolard over our weak future schedules.  Now Aresco is the target.  Patience, people, patience.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The AAC will get the Sun Bowl as it top bowl.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I'd rather be playing the 5th place team from a power 5 than the 1st place team from the MAC/CUSA. Playing a down Vanderbilt or Miss State team looks prettier on TV than playing NIU. I don't expect much from the AAC at this point.

OMG YOU BEAT AN SEC TEAM YOUR SO GOOD

Do we have any tie-in's with the MWC? Would be fun to play Boise.

Edited by Hem
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

A few weeks ago this board wanted to fire Woolard over our weak future schedules. Now Aresco is the target. Patience, people, patience.

Yeah, people really overshot the Woolard crap.

Thr being said, the difference here is that every major non-BCS (or whatever it's called) bowl game is working a deal with power 5 leagues. Belk, Music City, Meineke (Houston), Gator are entering a multi conference, multi year contract.

Now it looks like the Russell Athletic Bowl is angling for the #2 in the ACC vs. #2 in the Big 12 (replacing the Cotton).

Then our commish comes out and says that he hopes to hang on to the Russell Athletic and Pinstripe, but is in the process of creating our own bowl game.

We could end up fine, but its obvious that the AAC isn't going to have near the lineup the Big East had.

I'm guessing (and this is guessing) that the Liberty will be our #1. I'd also put money on the Big East created bowl ending up in NYC.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

We need to have at least 1 bowl game against a ACC team.

Get us out of this conference

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

Today the AAC is practically unmarketable. In a sport where people celebrate 100 year long rivalries and every game starts with "this is the 129 meeting of these two teams", we are in a league with 1 month of history that is full of teams that are "new" and no one cares about.

We need to win, win often, and win big or get used to the AAC.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

Today the AAC is practically unmarketable. In a sport where people celebrate 100 year long rivalries and every game starts with "this is the 129 meeting of these two teams", we are in a league with 1 month of history that is full of teams that are "new" and no one cares about.

We need to win, win often, and win big or get used to the AAC.

A fair assessment. And I agree with the A/B analysis from Mike. The bowls are completely aware of how things are shaking out and  - as everyone loves a winner - want ties to the P5. 

However, I would change that last sentence to "We need to win, win often, and win big AND get used to the AAC." I honestly hold out no hope that this is a short term venture. I would not be surprised if USF were in the AAC for the next decade plus. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9271561/acc-favors-russell-athletic-bowl-no-2-team-sources-say

Looks like the AAC not only has lost it's BCS access but also ALL of it's top bowls to include the Russell, Belk, and Pinstripe, as reported by McMurphy and Co.  No replacement bowls in sight.  So, basically the AAC lost it's top 4 bowls with ZERO replacements in sight.  What exactly is Aresco doing to rectify this.  Apparently nothing.  Looks like all of the AAC top bowls with be against CDOA and Sun Belt opponents.

DW get USF out of this craptacular conference ASAP.

losing bowls was not a suprise

we are in lower tier d 1 football

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I'd rather be playing the 5th place team from a power 5 than the 1st place team from the MAC/CUSA. Playing a down Vanderbilt or Miss State team looks prettier on TV than playing NIU. I don't expect much from the AAC at this point.

OMG YOU BEAT AN SEC TEAM YOUR SO GOOD

Do we have any tie-in's with the MWC? Would be fun to play Boise.

Not sure I agree with that.... do you remember when UCF beat UGA a couple of years ago? UGA didn't give a crap about that game.... it's not really that surprising of an upset. 

I don't want to be that UCiF.... 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Beating Memphis, NIU and ECU did nothing for us either. I'd rather play a power 5 team but hey, to each their own.

Beating Clemson was nice in 2010.

If you consistantly beat teams the rest of the football world considers superior to you (which would be pretty much every team in a P5 conference), people will begin to notice. Nobody will ever care if USF beats C-USA, SunBelt, MWC, or MAC teams.

Edited by Hem