• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PSU QB Bench looking for a new school.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Any word on this guy?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Do people actually read, comprehend and learn or just give thier opinions?   I posted a link which clearly states what Charsibb  mentioned above that he would be eligible ASAP According to ESPN, and other Media sources who are putting out the story.

There is also a few things that may assist as well like Google, Bing, ESPN, ect... 

So Im going to say that ESPN is likely to be correct.

oooh be careful with that, they are wrong, a lot...

Plus, it actually is wrong. So kudos to ESPN for being incorrect and a tip of the cap to Dhambuc for both reporting wrong information with his Google powers AND compounding it by being a bit douchey.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/07/25/hoge-clarifying-the-penn-state-transfer-rules/

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm fairly certain that only applied last year.

According to the article it's still possible

"

Bench can transfer to another Football Bowl Subdivision program without having to sit out a year because of the transfer policies the NCAA granted to all Penn State players after imposing sanctions on the program in July.

"

Any mention of how long (number of seasons) after they can still transfer without penalty?

Someone mentioned on the other thread (the one about him visiting) that he has until the start of the 2013 season to transfer without penalty.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Do people actually read, comprehend and learn or just give thier opinions?   I posted a link which clearly states what Charsibb  mentioned above that he would be eligible ASAP According to ESPN, and other Media sources who are putting out the story.

There is also a few things that may assist as well like Google, Bing, ESPN, ect... 

Plus, it actually is wrong. So kudos to ESPN for being incorrect and a tip of the cap to Dhambuc for both reporting wrong information with his Google powers AND compounding it by being a bit douchey.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/07/25/hoge-clarifying-the-penn-state-transfer-rules/

You should have quoted his other post that said theyn can transfer any time during their PSU career without penalty. Unless I'm reading something incorrectly, your article confirms that Bench can play this year if he transfers before August 2013 ... but it also says that August 2013 is the cutoff for transferring without sitting out. They can't do that any time during their career.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You should have quoted his other post that said theyn can transfer any time during their PSU career without penalty. Unless I'm reading something incorrectly, your article confirms that Bench can play this year if he transfers before August 2013 ... but it also says that August 2013 is the cutoff for transferring without sitting out. They can't do that any time during their career.

Thats the gist of it. He made a big point of how Bench could transfer whenever he wanted, questioned my comprehension skills, threw in a comment about ESPN being reliable, and took a swipe at my inability to use Google to find the information he so easily attained. Basically, he went 0-4.

The whole reason I questioned it in the first place was that I remembered hearing transfers had a definitive cutoff date, but didn't have a link to back it up (and couldn't dig one up, only articles like the one he posted that I knew to be wrong from what I had heard) so I didn't commit to my statement, just said I thought it was wrong.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'll even take the great Pennsylvania legend Evan Kraky at this point! He had us going crazy over the possibilities back in 2003, and he never matched those expectations. I'm open to anyone that can instill some competitiveness to the QB competition between Floyd and Eveld.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

I corrected it after I posted it... He has until the start of the upcoming season to transfer.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

I corrected it after I posted it... He has until the start of the upcoming season to transfer.

Nevermind, I see you guys were talking about someone else who read a misinformed article.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

Running the Bullsâ€@USFBulls_Rivals17h

Penn State sophomore QB Steven Bench is leaning to transfer to #USF. We'll have more shortly

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

Greg Aumanâ€@gregauman4h

Here's a closer look at another transfer quarterback interested in playing at USF: Penn State's Steven Bench. http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/another-transfer-qb-to-watch-steven-bench/2118948 …