• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

D'Ernest Johnson, RB Immokalee HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I think we get one of the Johnson, Cook, Yearby trio... If we don't we're in real trouble at the RB position

I wouldn't say trouble. You've got Tice and McCray next year, with Swanson and Davis as your BIG RBs/FBs

But getting any of the 3 you listed would be huge for us...and them as theyd likely break records under Taggart and his system.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I think we get one of the Johnson, Cook, Yearby trio... If we don't we're in real trouble at the RB position

I wouldn't say trouble. You've got Tice and McCray next year, with Swanson and Davis as your BIG RBs/FBs

But getting any of the 3 you listed would be huge for us...and them as theyd likely break records under Taggart and his system.

Disagree. You're 100% committed to the power run at the expense of ANY offense this year. You can't strike out on getting a single RB in your first recruiting class both for depth and PR reasons. People lit up Skip for not bringing in a QB (even though AW may or may not have stuck around), how is CWT whiffing on a RB in his first full class not similar?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663

He picked up 2 last class? Both power backs.

Also had the top RB in the Bay Area with Jarvis Stewart for this years class. Wasn't coach t's fault the kid was an f up.

Still time left to grab another one since Stewart screwed up, hopefully he does.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

. Wasn't coach t's fault the kid was an f up.

It is if the kid has the juvenile criminal history and marginal grades that Stewart has, and CWT decided to lay all his "RB recruiting eggs" in the Jarvis basket. I really hope that between Yearby, Cook, and Johnson, CWT is able to land one.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

. Wasn't coach t's fault the kid was an f up.

It is if the kid has the juvenile criminal history and marginal grades that Stewart has, and CWT decided to lay all his "RB recruiting eggs" in the Jarvis basket. 

No.  That is USF and Coach T's problem - not his fault.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

Lol, he needs to work on his conditioning.. He was winded after that run.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993

I don't think all the eggs were on Stewart. We were still going heavily after Johnson and yearby. Johnson was an outside chance and yearby was a longshot. The problem is now we've lost the bird in hand and Johnson remains an outside chance and yearby remains a longshot. There's a couple other kids we are on but obviously these are late bloomers, under radar or backup plans.

More important than the RB is fixing the OL. Getting a couple juco tackles remains the highest priority as I think they can get a running game next year out of Tice and mcray if the line was consistent. Throw in a juco TE too as neither price nor McFarland are as physical as they need to be at the LOS.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Walters and Johnson remain at the top of our targets. This definitely aim't over until NSD.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I don't think all the eggs were on Stewart. We were still going heavily after Johnson and yearby. Johnson was an outside chance and yearby was a longshot. The problem is now we've lost the bird in hand and Johnson remains an outside chance and yearby remains a longshot. There's a couple other kids we are on but obviously these are late bloomers, under radar or backup plans.

More important than the RB is fixing the OL. Getting a couple juco tackles remains the highest priority as I think they can get a running game next year out of Tice and mcray if the line was consistent. Throw in a juco TE too as neither price nor McFarland are as physical as they need to be at the LOS.

QFT

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I don't think all the eggs were on Stewart. We were still going heavily after Johnson and yearby. Johnson was an outside chance and yearby was a longshot. The problem is now we've lost the bird in hand and Johnson remains an outside chance and yearby remains a longshot. There's a couple other kids we are on but obviously these are late bloomers, under radar or backup plans.More important than the RB is fixing the OL. Getting a couple juco tackles remains the highest priority as I think they can get a running game next year out of Tice and mcray if the line was consistent. Throw in a juco TE too as neither price nor McFarland are as physical as they need to be at the LOS.

QFT

Yes, I agree, quite ******* true.