• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Transfer???

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Allan Bridgford hasn't done much that's worth noting. 44% across 100 attempts in the past 2 years, with 1 td and 3 ints. 

Edited by hm101

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

It's funny how at the beginning of this thread the idea of getting Clint Trickett to transfer seemed to be met with some derision, with Trickett being a guy that only got into FSU because his daddy was a coach. Now he's actually transferring, you've got Big Ten, Big 12, ACC and SEC schools interested in him, and he's the potential savior of the USF program.

Only if he comes here. If he picks another school, he's garbage and Mike White is 10x better than he'll ever be.

Hah! So true.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

WVU just got a hot shot freshman in Ford Childress to play QB and IIRC they promised him PT which is why he picked them.  I understand programs break promises like Jay Z breaks bread but I'm not sure WVU is as desperate for a QB as we are and I also think WVU should be taking more defensive transfers rather than taking a QB who hasn't shown he can withstand an entire season as a starter and only has two years to play.

That's my opinion.  But of course with his dad being a coach at WVU for several years back a while ago means there is more of a connection with the college in Morgantown than ours.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

WV is missing a QB...we've already got two (like 'em or not, that's what the program says). WVU has QB's on their roster as well

WV plays Texas, Oklahoma & Oklahoma State...we play Houston, Cincinnati and Uconn. and we will play Miami, Michigan State, Rutgers, Louisville, Michigan State, NC State, etc

WV could play in a 'BCS/P(5)' bowl whereas we - assuming end up conference champions -  could be in Memphis. We have an AQ BCS bid next year

WV is coming off it's worst year since '01 with a winning season of 7-6...we are coming off our worst season in history, a losing season of 3-9. We are also in a league where he could put up better numbers and face easier defenses than in the B12.

Assuming he has designs on post-college playing, I would lean towards WV. I don't know how much of an impact he would make at USF in his

one year of play and as is always the case, I don't think geography means that much to someone who's already been away from home.

We also play Mich St
Wooly, for a donor you are always negative as ****.

Just for clarification, criticizing (for lack of a better word) USF is being negative as **** while criticizing USF personnel is not?

I'm assuming you meant when I wanted Skip Holtz fired like everyone else did? And then he actually got fired because he didn't produce here? I'd say that's a tad different.

But as I'm sure you can read my responses in red, Wooly tended to leave out the more important aspects of the arguement in order to greatly skew the view. Let's go over this again shall we?

1. WV is missing a QB...we've already got 2: Wrong. they have 4 scholarship QB's already on their roster (3 of them 3* QBs) while we have 1 Scholly and 2 walk-ons

2. WV plays Texas, Oklahoma & Oklahoma State...we play Houston, Cincinnati and Uconn. Funny how he just so happend to leave out the better teams on our schedule isn't it? Rutgers? Louisville? Michigan State? Miami?

3. WV could play in a 'BCS/P(5)' bowl whereas we - assuming end up conference champions -  could be in Memphis. Again, the BCS is still in tact next year and we are currently in an AQ conference so hey, we could play in that same bowl if we end up conference champions, just like he said.

4. WV is coming off it's worst year since '01 with a winning season of 7-6...we are coming off our worst season in history, a losing season of 3-9. No denying that statement, we sucked last year. We also fired our coach and hired one of the top off season hires in college football. USF plays a much easier schedule than WVU does when it comes to conference play, offering a better opportunity for a guy like Trickett to shine.

Then I said that Wooly's statements are "negative as ****". Go take a peek at his profile and look at the posts he's made. Wow, would ya look at that, they are generally negative towards the program. I can understand being even minded and thinking with your head and not your heart, but that's not what's going on here.

Some more individual throws.

And below is a pretty good interview so you can get an idea the kind of person he is. I like him. He's got an air of maturity about him. Hell you could confuse him here for a coach. That would bring something to the current QBs unit which feels young and immature to me.

There's good stuff in that interview, I would encourage people to actually watch it. Particularly liked hearing how he and Telvin Smith decided right after the 2012 season ended that Clint will take the offense and Telvin will take the defense, and they're going to take over and lead all the off season workouts and 7-on-7's and stuff. Natural leader.

To me you get him and you keep going after your Chase Litton, your Sean White, Tyler Harris, etc...hopefully you score a little unexpectedly on one of those, but in the mean time this is your bridge guy. He's going to help you as a coach establish your system and regime. Not to mention, give you a pretty good QB in the mean time.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

It's obvious our program will benefit if he transfers here. I don't think anyone is denying that.

It's obvious our program will benefit if he transfers here. I don't think anyone is denying that.

Several were a few short months ago.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'm not known for being particularly bullish on the bulls' chances year to year. But I think the defense is actually still set to be pretty stout, and the offense has some weapons that I really like in Andre Davis, Davario Montgomery, Sean Price and Deonte Welch. Those guys would be twisting in the wind with Matt Floyd or Bobby Eveld throwing the football. Clint Trickett could make it all work.

If I were them I would be selling him as hard as possible. I don't think the Bulls go 6-6 with Trickett at the helm. I think they go much better than that.

Our defense was awful last year.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I'm not known for being particularly bullish on the bulls' chances year to year. But I think the defense is actually still set to be pretty stout, and the offense has some weapons that I really like in Andre Davis, Davario Montgomery, Sean Price and Deonte Welch. Those guys would be twisting in the wind with Matt Floyd or Bobby Eveld throwing the football. Clint Trickett could make it all work.

If I were them I would be selling him as hard as possible. I don't think the Bulls go 6-6 with Trickett at the helm. I think they go much better than that.

Our defensIVE COORDINATOR was awful last year.

fixed it for you