• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

IT'S OFFICIAL: Ron Cooper new Asst. HC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

USF is working on this now. Remember, nothing is official yet, but the hope is that they get it done and have Ron Cooper as the assistant head coach. I asked if he'd be the DBs coach and could not get any confirmation other than him being assistant head coach. I would assume he'd coach DBs as well, but that's just an educated assumption.

Hiring someone as Asst. HC and DB coach seems like a strange setup to me when you have a newly hired Defensive Coordinator in the mix as well... recipe for a power struggle.  I'm interested to see how this plays out.

Miami just hired Cristobel as AC and TE coach... so it has been done before

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

Assistant HC dont do anything.... unless the coach is throuwn oout of a game. This is not an uncommon thing.....

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

It Wont be a power struggle. Taggart is hiring him and won't be afraid to fire him. It's his responsibility to set workflow properly.

Edited by usfbullrider

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

USF is working on this now. Remember, nothing is official yet, but the hope is that they get it done and have Ron Cooper as the assistant head coach. I asked if he'd be the DBs coach and could not get any confirmation other than him being assistant head coach. I would assume he'd coach DBs as well, but that's just an educated assumption.

Hiring someone as Asst. HC and DB coach seems like a strange setup to me when you have a newly hired Defensive Coordinator in the mix as well... recipe for a power struggle.  I'm interested to see how this plays out.

Miami just hired Cristobel as AC and TE coach... so it has been done before

But they don't have anyone between him and the HC since Golden runs the Offense.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

It Wont be a power struggle. Taggart is hiring him and won't be afraid to fire him. It's his responsibility to set workflow properly.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I didn't mean a power struggle between him and Taggart.  I meant that there would be both an Assistant Head Coach (Cooper) and Defensive coordinator (Bresnahan) on the defensive side of the ball, which seems odd to me.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

Not a huge deal. Even Alabamas "associate head coach" is their RBs coach and they have an offensive coordinator. Pretty common in general

Edited by thatBULL

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Raheem Morris is the associate or assistant head coach for the redskins and he is the db coach.

Our DC doesn't seem to have head coach experience. Cooper does. That is why he would be the assistant head coach.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Fingers crossed for this one....

Yep. He would be very good to have for this upcoming weekend, with all the recruits visiting. He could help us land some quality DB's.