• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

IT'S OFFICIAL: Ron Cooper new Asst. HC

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

YOu can tell its the type of coaches and connections CWT is looking to bring in,he's not just trying to build a good team, he's trying to go for a championship.

Hes going to need all the help he can get becasue Tubberville is up in Cincy now with some of his old Auburn coaches,, he will be the toughest opponent we face in the formerly big east..

Not if he keeps pissing off area recruits and area HS coaches...http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2013/01/10/ex-cincy-recruit-on-tuberbville-its-a-bad-situation/

Add that to the list of classless Tuberville moves... no shocker.

Definitely classless not of call and let them know they were no longer welcome but what in the hell are the parents doing waiting this long before calling them??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Why is Taggart hiring an "assistant" head coach?  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe because he is the unofficial OC

Probably title, $ related and some added responsibility....do you think he'd leave the Buc's as DB coach to be a Bull's DB coach.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

This is a great get, USF is known for generating defensive talent (without the coaches and staff).  And to assemble a staff with NFL experience will help a lot in establishing credibility and marketing our program.  These coaches will maintain some of the relationships with scouts in the NFL and I'm sure scouts will come to coahes that they are familiar with when asking about potential NFL talent.  So this could be a great opportunity for us to get out of this hole we are in

Except its pretty much over for this year recruiting wise,, I dont think we are going to flip many guys from their top choice at this point,, Ithink the hire could have been made 32 weeks ago and this hire might have had an impact on schoolarships for this year,, we will see 

Still time to bring some guys back in the fold with this hire.

Josh Appel â€@JoshAppel

#USF commit @Nate_Godwin2 on the hiring of Ron Cooper "I am very excited and I cannot wait to strap on the pads and play for him."

THIS is the sort of thing I want to read!  Good stuff and the kind of excitement we need this incoming class to bring and infuse to the upperclassmen.  I'm really feeling this hire--great move by Coach T.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

I hope that JP knows something we don't.

Justin Pawlowski â€@CommishOnline

If #Bucs DBs coach Ron Cooper ends up at #USF as I believe he will, that would mean 3 assistant coaches for Bucs have "gone back to college"

-------------------------------------

Technically, but Ron Cooper is a long time college coach who only spent this past season in the NFL.  Not the same thing at all as Breshnahan (sp?).

I think he means 3 assistants with the Bucs will have gone back to the college ranks. Ron Turner to FIU, Ron Cooper to USF and not sure who the third is.

PJ Fleck. The Bucs Wr coach went to Western Kentucky to be the head coach

----------------------------------

Minor tweak, Fleck went to Western Michigan, Petrino is at Western Kentucky.

Yea thanks. I got the two schools confused and didn't want to really look into it

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

This is a great get, USF is known for generating defensive talent (without the coaches and staff).  And to assemble a staff with NFL experience will help a lot in establishing credibility and marketing our program.  These coaches will maintain some of the relationships with scouts in the NFL and I'm sure scouts will come to coahes that they are familiar with when asking about potential NFL talent.  So this could be a great opportunity for us to get out of this hole we are in

Except its pretty much over for this year recruiting wise,, I dont think we are going to flip many guys from their top choice at this point,, Ithink the hire could have been made 32 weeks ago and this hire might have had an impact on schoolarships for this year,, we will see 

Still time to bring some guys back in the fold with this hire.

Josh Appel â€@JoshAppel

#USF commit @Nate_Godwin2 on the hiring of Ron Cooper "I am very excited and I cannot wait to strap on the pads and play for him."

THIS is the sort of thing I want to read!  Good stuff and the kind of excitement we need this incoming class to bring and infuse to the upperclassmen.  I'm really feeling this hire--great move by Coach T.

More here.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/sports/article.html/content/news/articles/bhsn/2013/1/11/usf_commit_and_freed.html

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276

He wasn't available 32 weeks ago...this year is a wash.  But don't think for a second that just his hiring hasn't brought some attention to our kids and others.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19

He wasn't available 32 weeks ago...this year is a wash.  But don't think for a second that just his hiring hasn't brought some attention to our kids and others.

yeah misprint on the 32,, I meant even two weeks ago he might have had some effect on recruiting locally by now kids are into their final three visits to their favorite campuses,, so I agree this year is a wash but most likley might not have been.. We had plenty of time to recruit but getting this staff in place which is not done yet is taking a long time.. Put that on Woolard (SP?) the AD as our coaching staff budget needs bumped up significantly so we can start playing with the big boys,, like Papa John says "better salary,, better coaching"

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Is have to say Cooper is probably burning up the phone lines.... I just hope we go all in on JUCO's this year, and recruits next... We are ultimately going to need the experience this year