• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

IT'S OFFICIAL: Ron Cooper new Asst. HC

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,438
  • Days Won:  19

Looks good on paper.  Now, if we can only land some players with the on-field instincts of Honey Badger without the chronic problems.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Nice to have some good news for a change...

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

YOu can tell its the type of coaches and connections CWT is looking to bring in,he's not just trying to build a good team, he's trying to go for a championship.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

Looking forward to seeing our dbs play up on there man and not 15 yards deep !!!!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Alot of experience being brought in, this was a homerun hire

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

He was awful at Louisville. Tom Jurich's first move as AD when he was hired was to fire him.  That was a long time ago though.  He does have a lot of experience.  Should help FLA recruiting for USF.

If I'm not mistaken we hired him to be a DB coach, not a head coach.

This!

He's assistant HC to help out Tags make a few decisions since Tag's never been a coach at this level, but Cooper was hired to coach the secondary, which he has a fantastic record at doing.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7

One of my very good friends played for Cooper and thinks its a great hire; he thinks very highly of him.

I'm on the bus

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

He was awful at Louisville. Tom Jurich's first move as AD when he was hired was to fire him.  That was a long time ago though.  He does have a lot of experience.  Should help FLA recruiting for USF.

If I'm not mistaken we hired him to be a DB coach, not a head coach.

This!

He's assistant HC to help out Tags make a few decisions since Tag's never been a coach at this level, but Cooper was hired to coach the secondary, which he has a fantastic record at doing.

He even had some good defensive stats at UL.

Cooper was head coach of Louisville ('95-'97). His '95 team led the nation in takeaways and finished No. 9 in the nation in scoring defense. The following season, the Cardinals ranked No. 4 in the country in both total defense and rushing defense.

Read more here: http://brsoundingoff.blogspot.com/2013/01/tampa-bucs-db-coach-ron-cooper-joins.html#wgt=rss#storylink=cpy

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624

I hope that JP knows something we don't.

Justin Pawlowski â€@CommishOnline

If #Bucs DBs coach Ron Cooper ends up at #USF as I believe he will, that would mean 3 assistant coaches for Bucs have "gone back to college"

-------------------------------------

Technically, but Ron Cooper is a long time college coach who only spent this past season in the NFL.  Not the same thing at all as Breshnahan (sp?).

I think he means 3 assistants with the Bucs will have gone back to the college ranks. Ron Turner to FIU, Ron Cooper to USF and not sure who the third is.

PJ Fleck. The Bucs Wr coach went to Western Kentucky to be the head coach

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19

This is a great get, USF is known for generating defensive talent (without the coaches and staff).  And to assemble a staff with NFL experience will help a lot in establishing credibility and marketing our program.  These coaches will maintain some of the relationships with scouts in the NFL and I'm sure scouts will come to coahes that they are familiar with when asking about potential NFL talent.  So this could be a great opportunity for us to get out of this hole we are in

Except its pretty much over for this year recruiting wise,, I dont think we are going to flip many guys from their top choice at this point,, Ithink the hire could have been made 32 weeks ago and this hire might have had an impact on schoolarships for this year,, we will see