• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Weiner Stays at Plant

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

He owes Taggert now.   We now have him as a someone who will help us because of his decision. 

Sounds good to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unlikely.

IMO, he'll now bend over backwards for the other Florida programs to prove he actually doesn't "owe" anything to USF.

He played us like a schoolgirl.

Agree that he owes us nothing - especially if he is staying for his love of coaching high school athletes.  He will try to guide his players toward the school that is best for them - or the school that called him and told him to sit tight for a year and will pay him double.

While I would bet his value just shot up considerably, I haven't seen anything yet that makes me think he "played us" to boost his value or for any other reason. 

I agree that it was unprofessional, but just like we make mistakes with spreadsheets, we can make mistakes with professionalism and I'm not going to forever hold it against him.  I don't even know if he has ever been contacted before for a position in the college ranks (I can't see why not).  Yes, he should have asked for more time to consider it, but he's probably learned from this.

And you can bet he will get more calls now.

why would he get more calls now? why the conspiracy theories? if they wanted him then why didn't they hire him? nothing is stopping them.

will the big 3 now say "oh USF is interested. we better get him before they do." who would call him and say sit tight for a year?

here's a clue. If UF or FSU wanted him, even if he was currently our WR coach, and he wanted them then he would leave.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

For anyone interested. Weiner has a presser on BHSN at 3 or 3:30 according to 98.7

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

For anyone interested. Weiner has a presser on BHSN at 3 or 3:30 according to 98.7

Anyone know if it will be online?  I assume GA will be there...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Anyone know if it will be online?  I assume GA will be there...

Can't make it, can't book a flight in time ... oh, wait.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

im not that bent out of shape about it...

bottom line is if you commit you commit and you don't turn back.

he made USF and himself look bad

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

im not that bent out of shape about it...

bottom line is if you commit you commit and you don't turn back.

he made USF and himself look bad

Yup.

I don't understand why he'd get a single call after today. He has shown his word, his commitment, are worth nothing. With the weepy video-taped farewell then reneging he looks like a teenage drama queen to me.

If you have concerns or doubts you discuss them with the potential employer and clear them up before you commit or you don't sign. This is one hell of a mistake for someone with this much life experience to make.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Joey Johnston â€@JJohnstonTBO

Plant coach Robert Weiner said he went with his heart in staying, nixing #USF FB job. "It's not always about climbing the ladder or money."

Plant coach Robert Weiner said he feels awful about awkward timing, putting #USF coach Willie Taggart in tough spot.

Plant coach Robert Weiner: "I enjoyed every minute I was at #USF. It just wasn't many minutes"

Edited by Bull-by-Marriage

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

I don't get the significance.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I know everyone is bummed because they thought this guy was just going to start pulling recruits in like a tuna schooner, but it probably wasn't happening that way.

USF isn't at a huge loss here.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

we just need to pull up our pants, smile and walk away. its time find someone who wants to be there and stop pizzing and moaning about getting dumped by balding fat guy.