• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Weiner Stays at Plant

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

It's not about the $ with Coach Weiner, or the influence of Plant's "dad's club" (ridiculous to compare to USF donors). It's about the impact that he has on these kids lives. He couldn't walk away from it. Get over it, it's shocking, but at the end of the day it's our freaking WR's coach

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Don't necessarily blame him. While I wish he would've come to USF, i think he's going to go down as one of the best coaches in FL HS history. He can continue his legacy there.

But, lets hope this makes room for Marquel Blackwell.

Edited by theman123

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

If there was any "influencing" done, ie $$$$, it wasn't to screw USF, it was strictly to keep Weiner ... They probably raised his recruiting budget.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241

Weiner gives Willie the shaft.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165

Let's get recently departed Jesuit coach James Harrell (who worked under Weiner) or Berkeley coach Dominick Ciao (who was Weiner's superior at jesuit).. or Sean Callahan (with all the armwood violations, he might bolt out of armwood like pete carroll did at usc to seattle)

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Don't necessarily blame him. While I wish he would've come to USF, i think he's going to go down as one of the best coaches in FL HS history. He can continue his legacy there.

But, lets hope this makes room for Marquel Blackwell.

==========================================

I hope not.....

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Bush league...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

Sometimes these things happen when one lets their Weiner make impulsive decisions

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

No need to be overly dramatic.  The guy had to choose between a secure job where he could spend the next 20 years and a coaching profession with extremely long hours, lots of travel, and the very real possibility of having to hop from job to job all over the country for the next twenty years.

It isn't about being a risk taker.  It's about realizing that money isn't the most important thing in life, and that you already have the life you want.  Kudos to Weiner.  The upside is that if this was handled well USF gained a strong proponent in the high school coaching ranks.

For all those of you whining, this might put Blackwell back in play.  

=================

Kudos to Weiner?  Are you serious?  This has nothing to do with wanting to stay in a secure job... no one would fault him for that.  The issue is that you accepted a job, let the school publicly announce it (and no doubt use it as a recruiting pitch), and then backed out.  End result is much public embarrassment to the people that offered you the job in the first place.  Terribly, terribly unprofessional.

--------

This would be the overly dramatic I was talking about.  This isn't some horrible thing.  Taking the job and quitting in August would be terribly unprofessional.  Changing your mind a day or two later isn't really a big deal in the professional world.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

No need to be overly dramatic.  The guy had to choose between a secure job where he could spend the next 20 years and a coaching profession with extremely long hours, lots of travel, and the very real possibility of having to hop from job to job all over the country for the next twenty years.

It isn't about being a risk taker.  It's about realizing that money isn't the most important thing in life, and that you already have the life you want.  Kudos to Weiner.  The upside is that if this was handled well USF gained a strong proponent in the high school coaching ranks.

For all those of you whining, this might put Blackwell back in play.  

=================

Kudos to Weiner?  Are you serious?  This has nothing to do with wanting to stay in a secure job... no one would fault him for that.  The issue is that you accepted a job, let the school publicly announce it (and no doubt use it as a recruiting pitch), and then backed out.  End result is much public embarrassment to the people that offered you the job in the first place.  Terribly, terribly unprofessional.

--------

This would be the overly dramatic I was talking about.  This isn't some horrible thing.  Taking the job and quitting in August would be terribly unprofessional.  Changing your mind a day or two later isn't really a big deal in the professional world.

Agree to disagree then.  Make up your mind before the public announcement and subsequent celebration/recruiting pitches.  I know I wouldn't extend a job offer to a candidate who publicly embarrassed a prospective employer like this.