• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Vincent Jackson, OLB, Tampa Jesuit

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Tags is on record as going after everyone he wants.

USF will NOT be intimidated!!!

+1

The mindset that we shouldn't even try because we won't win battles against UF, FSU, etc. for 4 and 5 star kids is defeatist. Recruiting is tough enough... No need to cede anything to these schools. We won't win them all, but that's besides the point. I like Taggart's approach on recruiting.

And I'm sure Tags has been at this long enough to know that there are going to be a lot of wants, who wouldn't want a 5 star type kid, that he really won't have a legit shot at and won't spend valuable recruiting time on them ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,039
  • Days Won:  11

if you're recruiting them early enough, they won't have any stars.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

just dreams

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Do people realize we are actually actively recruiting and offering scholarships to a hell of a lot more people than just the 20-25 we sign....I would be very disappointed if USF didn't shoot for the moon

Go after the ones we can sign????? GO AFTER THEM ALL!!!! we get 1 BIG FISH...the other ones start goin after the bait on the hook

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

He had an excellent year in 2011.  I have to believe (hope) that injuries impeded his performance in 2012.

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

worked for Old Miss

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

I fully agree Coach Scott saw potential early on  many recruits ...start the dialog. on how they can help USF become a National Champion. build that bond..

As we climb back up the kids will want to get on the bus because they like USF and the coaches..If they flip to Old Miss, FSU, UF or UCLA they probably got to big an EGO to be a team player anyway.... Green Bay No name Offense..it makes sense..

Go Bulls   

As an added note..Sorry to bring this up....in a war zone..soldiers fight for their friends.. their comrads..We need to work as a team..a fighting unit.                    

Edited by bull-71

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

IMO, it's better for us to go after these kids b/c it does make a difference to them as to who is coming in and how good they are. When they step foot on campus for a school like USF, you want them to make a statement as a whole and need players that they know can make a difference if they suited up together. Football is a team game and you can't win by yourself but with a solid core you can change things. These kids know that from their years of playing optimist ball by staying together as a team and dominating instead of playing for your local high school, city or area. If we can land the big dog's of the group it will make it easier for us to get the others.

Although I really would like to see some of the local Tampa kids that have that swag stay home and put it on show for the rest of the country. Tampa football(Sarasota, Bradenton, Clearwater, St.Pete and outskirt counties)doesn't get nearly the credit it deserves and has a similar swag to kids from SFLA. The only difference is they don't seem as proud about where they come from as kids from the 305, 954 and 561. If USF could do what Schnelly did down in MIA and put up a wall around all of those areas I mentioned we would be a top 25 team yr in and yr out guaranteed! 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

We're certainly NOT going to get the top recruits without asking/offering.

I would put a coach on one or two of the top sophomores in Florida, offer them a scholly today and stay on them until they commit or put a restraining order the coach, then change coaches.