• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Uniform changes coming in 2013

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

For those of you who think "cool" uniforms don't matter, it matters plenty to recruits:

Nate Godwin â€@Nate_Godwin2

These uniforms so tough ! Can't wait to wear these next year ! #USFhttp://instagr.am/p/TyhuEiuhp3/

That's cool, I guess .... but aren't we changing unis for next year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I don't think the wounded warrior uniforms will change and I'm thinking we will see them at least once next year. Under Armour has something else in store for us next year on top of those.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Nebraska wore red with black strip on jersey and black helmets last year to come rate the blackshirts D.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I was really hoping that for the Senior Game we went to gold helmet, green jersey and green pants. Just like the old days. Uniforms are a big part of tradition. It would be nice to see some consistency. NO GOLD PANTS!!!

Gold is one of our schools colors. Agree that green pants should be worn with the green jersey, but the gold pants should not be taken away. Wear them on the road.

I'm not huge of wearing gold pants on the road because we have to wear white jerseys, and no matter the helmet, we end up looking like another school that is white/gold or something.

Add a green stripe to the gold pants, and they could be a cool item they keep for special occasions, kinda like the Nebraska Blackshirts or something. I still think all green at home works the best, encourages the green out theme, and gives us a consistent home thing we can be proud of. Plus the all green is darker and more menacing than white and gold stuff. Watching videos of JPP and Selvie and others wearing all green (gold or green helmet is fine) just looks so awesome.

Pretty sure Nebraska has never worn blackshirts ... those are practice jerseys that are given to defensive players as an honor for their toughness (and have to be earned) ... but not a game jersey.

Let me correct myself, those are practice gear for the first team defense. They ended the tradition in a couple of the lean years, but have brought it back. Still pretty sure they have never worn black in the last 50 years (can't comment on what they might have worn 80-100 years ago.)

Wikipedia agrees with you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackshirts_%28American_football%29

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

I think people need to come to grips that the multiple uni's trend isn't going to go away, the players love it and it's another way for the schools, vendors and stores to generate additional revenue.

Plus we don't really have any tradition when it comes to past or uniforms...5-6 changes in less than 20 years doesn't have any real tradition. So I'm all for it, it gives us some national attention and I always look forward to seeing what we are going to wear each week.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

usf needs to focus on building a program and winning not how they look

there is so much discussion on our uniforms

nike does a much better job than ua

If you're an old fart maybe. Go Penn State. Shoot, they even put last names on the jerseys this year. That must have made you mad.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

What's a uniform thread without yours truly?

I'd be happy if UA would just fix what they broke 2 years ago. (and if they have any say about the green helmets, fix that too)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

:roflmao:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I'd be happy if UA would just fix what they broke 2 years ago. (and if they have any say about the green helmets, fix that too)

Out of curiosity, what is it that they "broke" 2 years ago?