• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Report Cincinnati and UCon want to form a new league

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

I like the idea of using GOR as a weapon against the Power 5. It's the only weapon we've got. Obviously, no one wants to eliminate the slim possibility of getting into the Power 5, which is why n one wants to give the GOR. But if some forward-thinking schools could get together and decide, "You know what? We're not playing ball with your greedy-a**, unstable approach to college football, and unlike you commit to each other. Good luck picking yourselves apart because you won't be able to poach us." It would be refreshing and I'd become a big supporter of that conference.

That said, I agree that it's probably a ruse. Good to be on the offensive, though.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I like the idea of using GOR as a weapon against the Power 5. It's the only weapon we've got. Obviously, no one wants to eliminate the slim possibility of getting into the Power 5, which is why n one wants to give the GOR. But if some forward-thinking schools could get together and decide, "You know what? We're not playing ball with your greedy-a**, unstable approach to college football, and unlike you commit to each other. Good luck picking yourselves apart because you won't be able to poach us." It would be refreshing and I'd become a big supporter of that conference.

That said, I agree that it's probably a ruse. Good to be on the offensive, though.

great we sign it, fsu leaves for big 12, and we're stuck. big ten has had a GOR for like 30 years. pac 12 has a gor. so does big 12. sec doesn't need one. acc is dangling in the wind. we need to be patient and hope they are picked apart.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I think the ACC will move quicker and accept a few BE teams, including us, because of this mess. Probably won't happen until next year though.

I agree...got a feeling they are going to get poached as well...opens up a few spots

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

This is a big time smokescreen. UCONN and Cincinnati have not suddenly come to accept they are being left out and trying to salvage something. Notice its just them. Why are these two schools, that seemingly have no other link other than they both desperately want to find a Big 5 home be working together to lead a path forward for Big East rejects? They arent. This would have been a lot more believable if it were to come months from now. Its a reactionary move of desperation and if they end up in the ACC it wont be because of this ruse.

I guarantee that it isn't just those two schools investigating this possibility. We have seen throughout this process that there are two schools unable to keep things quiet. Well, actually three but Louisville is now in the ACC. The reason these two schools names are all over this is that they are the two that blabbed.

Id like to believe its true, because Im not seeing how USF ends up in a Big 5 in the near future. But I talk to friends and Uconn alum in CT regularly. Their mens and women hoops are the only source of sports pride in the state. The last professional franchise left there 20 years ago and people still cling to that hockey team. People are fuming at Uconn prez and AD over their failure to get the program to safe harbor and I doubt would accept the schools is going this direction. ESPN is staffed with plenty of UCONN alum, its hard to conceive any decision maker up there sees a retooled big east as a way forward after this.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  60

Maybe I am in the minority, but I am glad we are not publicly announcing our intentions. This could always come to back to bite Cincy and Uconn in the ???. Why tell everyone what your deck of cards looks like?

In the end, we need to win. The potential is here. We just need to win. I am getting sick of all of this conference stuff. If we join the ACC, SEC, BIG whatever, at the end of the day, I care about USF winning and having a recognized brand. ESPN seemed to focus more on the SEC and winning teams this past year. The money is better in these conferences; however, I don't think conference reshuffling will ever quit. JUST WIN.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Imagine if this actually happened(doubt it) but just for pretend - this happens and the conference is in place. Big10,SEC and/or PAC-12 expand and raid the ACC. That would be really ugly for those ACC teams left behind.

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  471

I think USF's best shot would be the Big 12. The issue with the ACC USF would need probably at least 3 or 4 teams to leave before they get in over there. Definitely would need FSU and Miami to leave out of those 3 or 4. Big 12 I think would be more likely for USF to get out anytime soon.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

The Pac 12 needs to raid the Big 12 IMO. That would be awesome for USF. It would move everything geographically back east.

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  471

Only thing with that is the Big 12 signed that GOR deal. So none of those teams will leave in the next 10 years or so.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Our only shot is to threaten lawsuits against ESPN to the point that they move us into the B12 by making the revenue to that conference palatable by adding us. FOX has pledged money to the B12 for taking FSU and Clemson. ESPN needs to counter by overpaying for USF and Cincy to go B12. Otherwise they lose some of their product in the ACC.