• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Report Cincinnati and UCon want to form a new league

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

I'm all for it. The new Big East is a ****** joke. A new league with no Tulane, no ECU.

Why no ECU? They have won CUSA championships, which USF hasn't. You want teams on the rise that win games in your conference, right? If USF is going into a new conference, let the football played be good. Worrying about markets and TV money is why the Big East is in its current situation.

Who in their right mind wouldn't want a road trip to Tulane? .... and what have we ever done to get this freaking elitist type attitude??

+1

We haven't won anything yet and have no right to look down on anyone...

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

I'm all for it. The new Big East is a ****** joke. A new league with no Tulane, no ECU.

Why no ECU? They have won CUSA championships, which USF hasn't. You want teams on the rise that win games in your conference, right? If USF is going into a new conference, let the football played be good. Worrying about markets and TV money is why the Big East is in its current situation.

I think most people on this board don't like ECU and UCF (obvious) and would rather see them a rung below us rather than on par.

Those two programs have also suffered from a lack of signature wins that could elevate their stature in public opinion. I went back 8 years and it looks like in 07/08 ECU beat Va Tech and WVU back to back to start the season but aside from that they lose (quite often badly) against the bigger mid-atlantic programs when they play. What they've done in conference is great and their fans rightfully can be proud of that. But beating the CUSA teams they are supposed to doesn't seem to translate into much respect for them.

Go back and count the number of big wins USF had before their Big East invite, the ones that showed they should move up. And no CUSA championship to boot. I mean, your argument sounds like ECU is more ready to move up then USF was when they did.

I would only go back to check that if I had any reason to believe USF was chosen based on performance and obviously they weren't. Your question was why not ECU? Aside from what I wrote I didn't think it needed to be stated that if you want to move out of a market like Greenville, NC you'd better slay the big boys with some regularity, they didnt. Coming out of Tampa, USF wasn't held to that standard.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Like I posted earlier, let's worry more about a conference that will include us, as opposed to worrying about a conference that would exclude others. We are in no position to dictate anything.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399

I think most people on this board don't like ECU and UCF (obvious) and would rather see them a rung below us rather than on par.

Those two programs have also suffered from a lack of signature wins that could elevate their stature in public opinion. I went back 8 years and it looks like in 07/08 ECU beat Va Tech and WVU back to back to start the season but aside from that they lose (quite often badly) against the bigger mid-atlantic programs when they play. What they've done in conference is great and their fans rightfully can be proud of that. But beating the CUSA teams they are supposed to doesn't seem to translate into much respect for them.

Go back and count the number of big wins USF had before their Big East invite, the ones that showed they should move up. And no CUSA championship to boot. I mean, your argument sounds like ECU is more ready to move up then USF was when they did.

I would only go back to check that if I had any reason to believe USF was chosen based on performance and obviously they weren't. Your question was why not ECU? Aside from what I wrote I didn't think it needed to be stated that if you want to move out of a market like Greenville, NC you'd better slay the big boys with some regularity, they didnt. Coming out of Tampa, USF wasn't held to that standard.

Maybe USF should have been. Going into a conference that it couldn't compete in, never getting past finishing mid pack. If the new Big East is now CUSA 2.0, why shouldn't teams that were in that conference, and won championships, not be allowed to join?

This isn't just happening from CUSA to BE. Look at CUSA they just added MTSU and FAU, a program with no history in terrible shape over Troy that has been a top performer in that league. But FAU was the top market left to choose from and is on the 'upswing'. Sound familiar? You may want 'good football' today as you call it but the decision makers don't agree with you. This isn't about good football today, its about markets, $$ and the future. Thats why no ECU.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Some of you guys take this stuff too seriously. My comment regarding the two programs which hate us like poison was meant to amuse.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Maybe USF should have been. Going into a conference that it couldn't compete in, never getting past finishing mid pack. If the new Big East is now CUSA 2.0, why shouldn't teams that were in that conference, and won championships, not be allowed to join?

This isn't just happening from CUSA to BE. Look at CUSA they just added MTSU and FAU, a program with no history in terrible shape over Troy that has been a top performer in that league. But FAU was the top market left to choose from and is on the 'upswing'. Sound familiar? You may want 'good football' today as you call it but the decision makers don't agree with you. This isn't about good football today, its about markets, $$ and the future. Thats why no ECU.

Don't need Boise St then since playing football isn't a factor, TV market is the only thing that counts.

You are absolutely right, even though I'm aware you were being sarcastic. Boise State was important in the BCS structure, when on-the-field results played a part in guaranteeing leagues' automatic bid to major bowls. Now, Boise State leaving would be meaningless, as far as all the conference shuffling and such goes. As a fan, I'd still want them to join because it means one more team that is usually pretty good that I'll get to see USF play. But the powers that be in college football don't give a **** about that.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Some of you guys take this stuff too seriously. My comment regarding the two programs which hate us like poison was meant to amuse.

Dude, we're on the precipice of the Apocalypse and you want to ******* joke around???

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

The fact that ESECPN is only talking about what might happen to UConn and Cincy and not even mentioning USF should tell everyone what we need to know about what the powers that be think of our programs.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  385

Great idea, obviously our administration isn't leading the way. LRS, WE NEED YOU

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  270

As for KC, I know they have a bigtime BBall arena downtown to lure an NBA team. I think they host the B12 tourney, at least on some years. I'm not a big fan of going to KC for much of anything, and Arrowhead is one of only two NFL venues where I was physically threatened by opposing fans (Tampa was the other). Saw my Cardinals in 23 NFL cities (yes, including Philly), and never had a problem anywhere else!

I live in Kansas City, so (including my wife) there would be at least two tickets sold to that conference championship game. A championship game for any other conference than the Big 12 would not sell in this town. Please select another location.