• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What is USF doing about this conference mess - poll

What is USF doing about this conf. mess  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

This poll is ridiculous because none of us know what USF is doing, because they are being professional about it. You've already seen posts that stated that USF lobbied the ACC.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

The media has decided we are not worth thinking about because USF has not given them any reason to.

This is the only sentence in your post that is accurate and it has nothing to do with what the administration is doing, or did, during all this realignment ******** ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

This poll is ridiculous because none of us know what USF is doing, because they are being professional about it. You've already seen posts that stated that USF lobbied the ACC.

+1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

As this poll has no "Tequila shots" option, it is silly.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

The media has decided we are not worth thinking about because USF has not given them any reason to.

This is the only sentence in your post that is accurate and it has nothing to do with what the administration is doing, or did, during all this realignment ******** ...

+1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

shouldn't it say "What do you THINK USF is doing?" because who of us have any clue

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

There is too much money to be lost.

They are all they can - which frankly, is not much - to get out.

Luckily, they are doing this quietly and professionally, unlike Silly-cinnati and UClown

Edited by hm101

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

I get your point. But I also get Jamie's point, which is similar to the one I made in another thread (but was uniformly trashed for), because I think there is a broader failure (broader than just realignment issues, although it has recently been brought into focus because of the realignment issues) to ensure the media includes USF in the discussion, or at least acknowledges USF exists. I know you think that it's really just a media problem - we haven't done well this year athletically and therefore the "lazy" media don't bother to think about USF - but I think it's both a media problem AND a USF marketing problem.

Almost every article I've read refers to UCONN and Cincy as the "next two up" for the ACC, without even a mention of USF, but that simply shouldn't be, regardless of what USF is doing behind the scenes. It shoudn't be a foregone conclusion that UCONN and CIndy are the next two up. You know no better what the ACC intends to do than I know what is going on behind the scenes at USF. Perception becomes reality nowadays, and I think more needs to be done shaping the perception of USF. We often hear that USF is a "sleeping giant"; if that's true, why does USF not even get mentioned in these articles? I agree wholeheartedly with the professional" behind the scenes" approach, but there should also be a "behind the scenes" effort to ensure USF remains a player in the public eye (even if not vocal like UCONN and Cincy).

:2cents:

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Maybe we should actually hire PR and Marketing staff instead of firing them and hiring interns to run it....

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Trip? Is that Ted Baxter? One of the funniest lines I ever heard was from that show. "I've just been handed a bulletin, "you have something in your teeth".