• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What is USF doing about this conference mess - poll

What is USF doing about this conf. mess  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

The amount we're being mentioned in the media, from what I've seen is pretty appropriate. The focus is mainly on Cincy and UConn because they have a ton more history, tradition and name recognition than we do.

And the criticism of USF marketing in all this is totally unwarranted and has no bearing on anything in this situation. How much marketing did Rutgers and Maryland do before their invites?

On the one hand, you say Cincy and UCONN have more "name recognition than we do," then on the other hand you say "criticism of USF marketing in all this is totally unwarranted." You apparently think that one has nothing to do with the other. I disagree.

As for Rutgers and Maryland, you're not comparing apples to apples. NO ONE had ANY CLUE that the Big 10 was going to expand. When it did, it did so because it knew what it wanted out of Rutgers and Maryland - markets. Here, we KNOW the ACC is in a tenuous situation that makes it very likely they will expand. I'm NOT suggesting USF make a case in the press of why the ACC should invite it to join. I AM suggesting that USF would do well to put on its "Sunday best" just in case it had an opportunity to join another conference. Instead, USF is wearing shorts to church - doing just enough to get by.

I've made my points, and you're free to disagree with me. I'm moving on to other topics.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I am sure our athetics department is doing EVERYTHING they can, but there are 2 things you should realize:

1. They cannot publicly trash the Big East in case we are stuck here

2. They cannot publicly speak about leaving the Big East or looking for other options

This is exactly with Cincy and UConn did.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

The amount we're being mentioned in the media, from what I've seen is pretty appropriate. The focus is mainly on Cincy and UConn because they have a ton more history, tradition and name recognition than we do.

And the criticism of USF marketing in all this is totally unwarranted and has no bearing on anything in this situation. How much marketing did Rutgers and Maryland do before their invites?

On the one hand, you say Cincy and UCONN have more "name recognition than we do," then on the other hand you say "criticism of USF marketing in all this is totally unwarranted." You apparently think that one has nothing to do with the other. I disagree.

I didn't think I had to clarify that but I guess I do. The name recognition that Cincy and UConn have is from their history and tradition, not the type marketing I assume you're talking about. These moves aren't being made because of PR campaigns by the schools involved. The real marketing is being done behind the scenes and it's not being done by schools' marketing departments.