• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My Gripe with USF coverage on the "Fan"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Tweet me or email me anytime!

Commish@987thefan.com

Enjoy your show I listen to it up here in New Hampshire at least a few times a week. You do a great job.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Justin,

Really enjoy listening to you on the Fan. Keep Gary straight on USF - you're doing an excellent job getting him up to speed!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,651
  • Days Won:  29

Will try to text you with thoughts ... Will try to listen more during the day.

Always enjoy your enthusiasm during Signing Day Party!

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,079
  • Days Won:  39

I've been trying to listen to them lately. Booger is an idiot. The guy tries way to hard and really comes off douchie to me. I have yet to hear any talk about USF, timing I'm sure but I could care less he does not go to holiday parties, does not drink, ect...

LOL Booger is not an idiot. He's played the game and says what he thinks. He actually did talk about USF a lot throughout the season. I love how he constantly drove home the point that USF fans should not to settle for mediocrity.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,079
  • Days Won:  39

Thanks for listening!

~Justin

Thanks for repping the :iconic_u_black::GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Those that know me or have listened to me, know of my love for USF. I'm as big a fan as any of you. With that said, I will talk about USF when there is something worthy of talking about.

Gary Shelton and I had the first interview with Coach Taggart. Actually, I've already interviewed him twice, and I'm very excited. We also had the only interview with Doug Woolard about the coaching search.

I'll tell all of you what I tell my twitter followers. We are a caller driven station. If you want us spending extra time about USF, tweet me or call in. I know the football program as well as anyone. Jim Lighthall knows the basketball program better than anyone.

Thanks for listening!

~Justin

Big fan of you guys. Living on the east coast of Fl I never heard much USF stuff and now I listen on line all the time. Best USF coverage I know of.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

my only complaint is the crappy reception on the Eastside of Hernando county

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

I've been trying to listen to them lately. Booger is an idiot. The guy tries way to hard and really comes off douchie to me. I have yet to hear any talk about USF, timing I'm sure but I could care less he does not go to holiday parties, does not drink, ect...

LOL Booger is not an idiot. He's played the game and says what he thinks. He actually did talk about USF a lot throughout the season. I love how he constantly drove home the point that USF fans should not to settle for mediocrity.

He'd definitely not an idiot ... just not a real good interviewer from that one I listened to.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Glad to see Justin online - he'll have to sift through some of the doodie, but he can get some insight on how a small fraction of our fans (likely the ones who follow the most hardcore) are feeling as a group.

I believe they just got their text line working, so that should actually help because for all the people out there who can't call in, they can text the show and Justin sees those and many times a text can be structured to ask a question properly - I'm not a very good phone speaker sometimes myself, which is why I don't call.

I'm not a huge fan of some of the other hosts, but radio stations frequently change up their rosters - employees sign contracts so if they're not getting good ratings, they'll pull in someone new. Booger seems to be decent, but I don't always agree with him. Same with Dinger, which is why I don't follow those shows as much. Email Justin, or Jim Lighthall, or Mike Pepper who is the program director now - give them feedback, and if people complain enough and ratings dip, they may find a new co-host or blow up the programs entirely (I personally think the Commish was best on his own with help from the other Justin at times). I even enjoy Rock Riley as he filled in - he seems very honest and he knows quite a bit about USF. Even Toby David, for not having anything to do with USF, seemed to be a decent cheerleader for them and tried to do his homework or would ask for user participation to help fill him in on info - and i loved his Rays knowledge.

As the flagship station, all the daily shows are wanting interviews with Tags in order to hype him up a little and inject some hope into the program and i think WIllie is happy to oblige and get everyone excited about USF football again. obviously at this point, without a full staff, and just starting to get to know the current returning players, there won't be any ground breaking information out of his interviews until those things become more clear.