• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My Gripe with USF coverage on the "Fan"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

They are usually caller driven .... and if you don't, they'll talk about what they think the most listeners want to hear .... or ask questions that will elicit responses.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Oh, I dunno. I think their discussion of weird dreams, running up the score, to tip or not to tip for Christmas tree lot attendants and some sort of Devil Ray baseball player trade thingy were amusing. Look, the implosion of the Big East - is of interest only to us - the board rats. Just look at the USF season ticket holder volume...for this area? It's pitiful but that tells you how small your "I speak with my wallet" crowd really is. And just look at the board..relentless cross postings from blogs and media snippets on speculation of would could, maybe, can, possibly, probably happen. There's no way you could put together a segment on conference realignment that would generate traffic. And remember, this is the Tampa metro market, not Georgia no-where crossroads FM.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

It must be the time you are listening. I hear about USF from gary and the commish between 11 and noon most days. Rich and booger cover USF between 2 and 3 most days. USF magazine is on from 6 - 7 every thursday and coach heath is on from 6 to 7 on Tuesday evenings when the bulls are in town. They also try to talk to a USF coach on Wednesdays bewtween 9:30 and 10. Lighthall and Louk talk USF in the mornings usually after 8 for a few minutes, just about every time I tune in. I've noticed that their coverage for USF has doubled since they became the flagship station.Guess i just know when to tune- in. And, of course ET (not sure if its our ET or someone else) is on just about everyweek with something on USF. Although that Toe Truck was pretty bad.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

They are usually caller driven .... and if you don't, they'll talk about what they think the most listeners want to hear .... or ask questions that will elicit responses.

Not so caller driven, Trips. They'll limit you to once a week. I emailed Mike Pepper expressing my dissatisfaction with a rule like that for a fledgling radio station trying to gain marketshare, and he told me I should change my name when I call. I kid you not. I've stopped listening to the Fan. When I was listening, it only seemed like mouth-breathing "USF fans" were the only ones getting on air.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Not so caller driven, Trips. They'll limit you to once a week. I emailed Mike Pepper expressing my dissatisfaction with a rule like that for a fledgling radio station trying to gain marketshare, and he told me I should change my name when I call. I kid you not. I've stopped listening to the Fan. When I was listening, it only seemed like mouth-breathing "USF fans" were the only ones getting on air.

Once a week is absurd .... I understand it's to limit chronic callers but they've got 4 hours to kill every day. That's obviously coming from someone higher up than Pep, though.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

I hear it come up from time to time on the station (I listen about all day at work). I think it is one of those situations where everyone knows it's terrible but there is no answer. I would enjoy a show where they focused on the various scenarios that could play out. I would prefer that show be Justin's show since he cares the most :P

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

We must call !

I call on my way to work and then on my way home.

STAMPEDE. !!!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

We must call !

STAMPEDE. !!!

Did you call in as H.D. this evening or something?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

We must call !

STAMPEDE. !!!

E.T.

Did you ever find a toe-truck!?!?

LOL you had me laughing so hard the other day when you called in to talk to Booger and Rich.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

My biggest issue is booger making rich Herrera the smartest guy in a room for the first time in his life. Miserable listening to the SEC radio station.

I do like Gary and Justin, because Justin is a legit fan of USF.

The wannabe comic with Dingman in the morning is horrendous too.

It's personnel Issue. to the station's credit they try to get USF talk going