• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who are the core guys on this team for Willie T?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

I think it speaks volumes that The ole ball coach and FSU have not offered to AW when just about everyone else did. His weakness is decision making in the pocket. I hope that CWT takes that into consideration when recruiting AW. He is going to need a smart QB that can think on the fly. I don't know if I've seen one at USF yet. USF QBs seem to be more athletically gifted than Peyton Mannings.

Are you serious? This guy learned a new playbook at the Elite 11 in a couple of days and executed the offense better than anyone else there. I think this evaluation is wayyyyyy off.

You think that was a hard offense to learn or one that relied more on execution? I bet they wanted to see execution more than learning a Gruden style offense. I mean if Jimbo Fisher isn't impressed enough to offer a scholarship, nor Spurrier, that is HUGE. He is right in their back yard.

So any qb in the southeast not offered by Spurrier or Fisher isn't worthy of a scholarship??

Look at the recent QBs out of FSU. Jimbo is a QB guru. Look at Spurrier and the difficulties he has had recently with finding a QB smart enough to run his system. Its similar to ND at the beginning of last year with Kelly having a melt down because he didn't have a qb that could run his system. All I am saying is that these are two excellent coaches with offensive minds, in the SE, and if you look at all of AW's offers those two, to me, stick out as not offering him a scholarship. BTW, even Scout has his weakness as decision making.

Again, to my point, I'll go out on a limb and say that there are qb's that have had success at our level and above that werent offered by either of those two. I just don't think that means much of anything.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Apparently we are looking at Largo QB Juwan Brown per Greg Auman

http://bigcountyprep...-than-the-best/

Yeah I saw that too. Not thrilled with the prospect of a team full of two stars at the most important position but I don't think there are a lot of options otherwise at this point. Offers from FIU, FAU, FAMU, etc

Article in paper quotes CWT as saying he doesn't care about stars, only if a player fits his system ... Recruiting star whores could be in for a rude awakening ...

I wouldn't say stars are everything...but if you look at the top250 recruits with all their stars, and look at the programs who are offering them...I think you might see a correlation between elite programs and high star rated commits.

Much better to look after the fact. Clearly the top programs are going to get the top players. Not much imagination to figure out that Alabama's recruits are better.

Miami is always amongst the top recruiting classes in the nation. Hasn't helped them. There are other programs that consistently recruit poor according to the "star" system that are always in the Top 25. The reason is that the marquee programs have more paying customers for the recruiting sites, so they up the stars on recruits going to those programs. This is not my imagination, more than one person working for recruiting sites has made this statement. They cater to their larger customer base, would be stupid not to. Also means you can't rely on them to be objective.

It's ridiculous to think these sites evaluate tens of thousands of recruits acurately. their stars are based on who offers them. even that is sketchy as the schools don't provide a list of who they offer or who they visit.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Hey I'm not saying I'm in favor of either way. I trust Coach T to do what is right for the program and bring in the best men to move us forward. If that's pulling in 2 star guys he knows will have a better chance of producing under his system, then so be it. Let's just hope he can still recruit with all this BS going on. Even a recruiting star like Coach T is going to run into problems telling the potential commits we are in the..uhmm...maybe big east?...not too sure...

and as for the Floyd statement, I never said the only reason I think he is bad is due to his snap handling capabilites (and pouncey hiked snaps, all this kid has to do is catch good snaps). He has no idea what he's doing out there and panics, maybe that's just an age thing...but BJ did not panic at FSU. BJ made some bonehead plays in his career here, but Floyd just looks lost right now. Maybe coach T can actually develop a player..unlike our previous regime.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  162
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully Ryne Giddins can finally live up to the hype too. Him and Lynch are gonna be a nasty duo. I also foresee Eric Lee having an awesome sophomore year. We have BCS talent but playing in a non-BCS conference this year. I think Willie T will definitely motivate this group more than Skip ever did. Should be exciting.

But wait, wasn't he a 4 star recruit that we stole from a bigger school?

</sarcasm>

Giddins was fine until he got fat. Don't know if that was him getting lazy or coaches trying to bulk him up. Whatever it is, he looked too big and too slow this year.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Hopefully Ryne Giddins can finally live up to the hype too. Him and Lynch are gonna be a nasty duo. I also foresee Eric Lee having an awesome sophomore year. We have BCS talent but playing in a non-BCS conference this year. I think Willie T will definitely motivate this group more than Skip ever did. Should be exciting.

But wait, wasn't he a 4 star recruit that we stole from a bigger school?

</sarcasm>

Giddins was fine until he got fat. Don't know if that was him getting lazy or coaches trying to bulk him up. Whatever it is, he looked too big and too slow this year.

absolutely agree.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Hey I'm not saying I'm in favor of either way. I trust Coach T to do what is right for the program and bring in the best men to move us forward. If that's pulling in 2 star guys he knows will have a better chance of producing under his system, then so be it. Let's just hope he can still recruit with all this BS going on. Even a recruiting star like Coach T is going to run into problems telling the potential commits we are in the..uhmm...maybe big east?...not too sure...

and as for the Floyd statement, I never said the only reason I think he is bad is due to his snap handling capabilites (and pouncey hiked snaps, all this kid has to do is catch good snaps). He has no idea what he's doing out there and panics, maybe that's just an age thing...but BJ did not panic at FSU. BJ made some bonehead plays in his career here, but Floyd just looks lost right now. Maybe coach T can actually develop a player..unlike our previous regime.

You must have watched different games than I did. After the Nevada game, BJ was completely skittish in the pocket and would run after three seconds whether he was getting pressured or not. Floyd was much more patient in the pocket this year than BJ.

Yea he looked really stable against FSU when he fumbled there. Those 4 fumbled snaps in Cincy were great too. The fumble and 3 picks against Pitt were also a charm to see. 2 more picks in Miami. The kid is patient because he's watching the defense run down the field with the ball after his interception or a dogpile next to him while they go for the ball he fumbles. The kid needs A LOT of work. BJ wasn't patient because he had to do everything, including rush for TDs or big yardage when people weren't open.

57-110 with 5 interceptions and zero touchdowns in first 6 games of career (Floyd)

47-88 with 2 interceptions and 7 touchdowns in first 6 games of career(BJ)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

Giddins had a shoulder injury.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Yea he looked really stable against FSU when he fumbled there. Those 4 fumbled snaps in Cincy were great too. The fumble and 3 picks against Pitt were also a charm to see. 2 more picks in Miami. The kid is patient because he's watching the defense run down the field with the ball after his interception or a dogpile next to him while they go for the ball he fumbles. The kid needs A LOT of work. BJ wasn't patient because he had to do everything, including rush for TDs or big yardage when people weren't open.

57-110 with 5 interceptions and zero touchdowns in first 6 games of career (Floyd)

BJ had a LOT more talent around him those first six games of his career than Floyd did. And Floyd only really had three games, please don't try to count three cameo appearances in Floyd's six games. It makes you look petty.

BJ had a LOT more talent around him those first six games of his career than Floyd did. And Floyd only really had three games, please don't try to count three cameo appearances in Floyd's six games. It makes you look petty.

I counted BJ's cameo appearances as well. 6 games is 6 games. There's no comparison. We need a good freshman QB comining in.