• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who are the core guys on this team for Willie T?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

For this year, Shaw, Davis, Price and the QB, I'll assume Eveld for now, on offense. Giddins, DeDe, Joyce and Jenkins on defense.

I guess I could add Watson, Chandler, Cliett and Whitehurst

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Shaw. His schemes means he needs not only a qb who can audible to the best play out of the 3 or so given, he needs to a RB with vision and Shaw fits it. Maybe Pierre too. But make no mistake. From what I am seeing, he needs a great rb as much as a smart qb for his scheme to work.

RB by far most important now. can't wait to see a team committed to run. Taggart's teams at WKU averaged 43 carries to 25 passes per game. tons of RB talent comes out of florida.Not sure Shaw is a workhorse back but our last coach didn't use him enought. 5 carries per game when you average 5 yards per carry is ridiculous.

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

Not excited at all about the QB situation. Let's hope the running game takes over.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I have seen absolutely nothing, ever from Shaw to make me believe he can be the every down back. Coach T is looking for tough players, and you are talking about a kid that quit on his team in the middle of a game. That doesn't exactly define tough.

Edited by DataBull

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

1- need 2 RBs to step up. Shaw, davis, Pierre and Battles. No one has wowed so far.

2- need a couple tight ends. Price has got the pass catching part down. McFarlnd could be the answering the other side ND Tye turner could be the blocking tight end.

3- a couple people on the OL have to set the tone out there by being just nasty road graders. Who? None of them fit that bill yet that I have seen.

4- on defense I think the front 7 could gel and become pretty solid. Some depth issues at LB but not bad overall. The back 4 need Durden to really step up and Jenkins to dominate. No sure either can do those things.

This will be interesting because Taggart really is changing the system and with no one pencilled in at QB it is all up for grabs. For all the prior staff's comments I could never really figure out whatthe "system" was.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

Burning Eveld's RS was a travesty.

LOL .... Wait, were you serious?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I have seen absolutely nothing, ever from Shaw to make me believe he can be the every down back. Coach T is looking for tough players, and you are talking about a kid that quit on his team in the middle of a game. That doesn't exactly define tough.

not sure an act of frustration means he isn't tough. I agree he probably isn't an every down back. we need someone who can carry it 25 times per game.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663

not sure an act of frustration means he isn't tough. I agree he probably isn't an every down back. we need someone who can carry it 25 times per game.

I think if Shaw was allowed to wear a paper bag, he'd have had one on.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

I think he may have been wearing one when he muffed that punt last game ...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663

I think he may have been wearing one when he muffed that punt last game ...

touche, but why the hell was a RB taking punts to begin with? Or a TE? You know...lets forget 2011-2012 ever happened.