• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who are the core guys on this team for Willie T?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Apparently we are looking at Largo QB Juwan Brown per Greg Auman

http://bigcountyprep...-than-the-best/

Yeah I saw that too. Not thrilled with the prospect of a team full of two stars at the most important position but I don't think there are a lot of options otherwise at this point. Offers from FIU, FAU, FAMU, etc

his offers are probably because he is considered short. I like the #'s he put up. very accurate too. much better #'s than AW.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Floyd can't handle a snap, I hope you're joking.

I guess practice and improving are out of the question? Mike Pouncey couldn't snap the ball his senior year at UF. it was comical how bad he was actually. gues what? he was the 1st center taken in the 2011 draft. 15th overall. ahead of his brother that played the position his entire life.

I really hope you didn't just compare Mike Pouncey to Floyd...the kid has been at practice all season, has he not? Didn't he shoot it out with Eveld on the first team O to see who'd start at QB for Miami? Wasn't he the offical back up QB all year? I'm sure he's taken his fair share of snaps in his life. He fumbled how many times in the last couple games? 4? 5? No thanks.

First... you didn't provide any reason not to compare it to the pouncey situation... Pouncey practiced all spring and off-season at center, then, looked like an idiot trying to snap the ball before he got comfortable at the position.

As for Floyd, you're right, he practiced a lot, probably with a red jersey on. He also lost that battle with Eveld (for no apparent reason), which I am sure really helped his confidence after being the "official backup" all year. I guess that makes it easier to step on the field and take the reigns.

You may prove to be right, but, in the grand scheme of mistakes that a QB makes, I'd put that at the very bottom of the list of concerns since it is easily correctable.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

id rather try to flip dinovo

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Yeah I saw that too. Not thrilled with the prospect of a team full of two stars at the most important position but I don't think there are a lot of options otherwise at this point. Offers from FIU, FAU, FAMU, etc

Article in paper quotes CWT as saying he doesn't care about stars, only if a player fits his system ... Recruiting star whores could be in for a rude awakening ...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

3- a couple people on the OL have to set the tone out there by being just nasty road graders. Who? None of them fit that bill yet that I have seen.

Before we get excited about a great running game, we absolutely need to have this ^^^

we were #1 in rushing in big east last year. we were #4 this year. only cincy and syracuse had a better per carry average than us this year. we obviously can improve there but if we committ to it then I believe we can run.

Lets not forget we had a qb who put up most of the rushing yards. So those numbers are inflated. Next year it looks like we might have a pocket QB.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

3- a couple people on the OL have to set the tone out there by being just nasty road graders. Who? None of them fit that bill yet that I have seen.

Before we get excited about a great running game, we absolutely need to have this ^^^

we were #1 in rushing in big east last year. we were #4 this year. only cincy and syracuse had a better per carry average than us this year. we obviously can improve there but if we committ to it then I believe we can run.

Lets not forget we had a qb who put up most of the rushing yards. So those numbers are inflated. Next year it looks like we might have a pocket QB.

can't really say they're inflated if the carries are going to a QB as opposed to a RB. we just used our QB as a RB sometimes.

now the carries will just go to RBs. Daniels didn't lead team in yards per carry either year so we would have been better off giving the carries to a RB instead anyway.

BTW wku RBs had 130 more carries than our RBs last year. if you include Daniels and their QB then they had about 70 more carries.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Article in paper quotes CWT as saying he doesn't care about stars, only if a player fits his system ... Recruiting star whores could be in for a rude awakening ...

I wouldn't say stars are everything...but if you look at the top250 recruits with all their stars, and look at the programs who are offering them...I think you might see a correlation between elite programs and high star rated commits.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I wouldn't say stars are everything...but if you look at the top250 recruits with all their stars, and look at the programs who are offering them...I think you might see a correlation between elite programs and high star rated commits.

Much better to look after the fact. Clearly the top programs are going to get the top players. Not much imagination to figure out that Alabama's recruits are better.

Miami is always amongst the top recruiting classes in the nation. Hasn't helped them. There are other programs that consistently recruit poor according to the "star" system that are always in the Top 25. The reason is that the marquee programs have more paying customers for the recruiting sites, so they up the stars on recruits going to those programs. This is not my imagination, more than one person working for recruiting sites has made this statement. They cater to their larger customer base, would be stupid not to. Also means you can't rely on them to be objective.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Floyd can't handle a snap, I hope you're joking.

If you are basing your evaluation on that one criteria, I'm certainly glad you aren't on our coaching staff.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Hopefully the ones that fit CWT's system, and he can get here, have enough star power to keep some here happy until they can get on the field ...