• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who are the core guys on this team for Willie T?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

I think it speaks volumes that The ole ball coach and FSU have not offered to AW when just about everyone else did. His weakness is decision making in the pocket. I hope that CWT takes that into consideration when recruiting AW. He is going to need a smart QB that can think on the fly. I don't know if I've seen one at USF yet. USF QBs seem to be more athletically gifted than Peyton Mannings.

Are you serious? This guy learned a new playbook at the Elite 11 in a couple of days and executed the offense better than anyone else there. I think this evaluation is wayyyyyy off.

You think that was a hard offense to learn or one that relied more on execution? I bet they wanted to see execution more than learning a Gruden style offense. I mean if Jimbo Fisher isn't impressed enough to offer a scholarship, nor Spurrier, that is HUGE. He is right in their back yard.

So any qb in the southeast not offered by Spurrier or Fisher isn't worthy of a scholarship??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Apparently we are looking at Largo QB Juwan Brown per Greg Auman

http://bigcountypreps.com/181/juwan-brown-has-been-better-than-the-best/

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Battles will emerge as the RB.

I suspect that the QB will be either Floyd or a frosh... I didn't think Floyd was too bad down the stretch, it's just that we were so out of whack after running the "offense" with BJ that we were unable to play a true offense. He made some nice throws... some bad ones too, but, for a kid that hadn't played in nearly 2 years, I wasn't too depressed with him.

(having said that, I would much rather have an upgrade, but, I think we can win with Floyd)

I too think it will be Floyd. holtz offense, with a swiss cheese line for pass blockers, was a nightmare for a QB that wasn't able to run around and make plays on his own. poor Floyd was a deer in headlights.

I imagine the style of offense Taggart runs puts more of a premium on play action and keeping more blockers in. I think this benefits most QBs but certainly young, inexperienced QBs that don't run all that well. I think Floyd is capable of managing a game, as opposed to being 90% of the offense, and that seems to be what Taggart requires.

Floyd can't handle a snap, I hope you're joking.

I guess practice and improving are out of the question? Mike Pouncey couldn't snap the ball his senior year at UF. it was comical how bad he was actually. gues what? he was the 1st center taken in the 2011 draft. 15th overall. ahead of his brother that played the position his entire life.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

That's all about comfort level. If he gets some confidence, that problem is easily solved. He was likely losing focus a bit early either looking to read the defense because he wasn't comfortable doing it after he got the ball, or, trying to see which direction he was going to be decapitated from. Get him some reps, I am not at all concerned about that going forward... One could say that Mike Pouncey can't snap the ball based on his first couple of games at UF, but, a lot would argue that he's a top-10 NFL center now...so...

(dude... Bull94... how did we come up with the exact same analogy)

I guess practice and improving are out of the question? Mike Pouncey couldn't snap the ball his senior year at UF. it was comical how bad he was actually. gues what? he was the 1st center taken in the 2011 draft. 15th overall. ahead of his brother that played the position his entire life.

I really hope you didn't just compare Mike Pouncey to Floyd...the kid has been at practice all season, has he not? Didn't he shoot it out with Eveld on the first team O to see who'd start at QB for Miami? Wasn't he the offical back up QB all year? I'm sure he's taken his fair share of snaps in his life. He fumbled how many times in the last couple games? 4? 5? No thanks.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

Apparently we are looking at Largo QB Juwan Brown per Greg Auman

http://bigcountyprep...-than-the-best/

Yeah I saw that too. Not thrilled with the prospect of a team full of two stars at the most important position but I don't think there are a lot of options otherwise at this point. Offers from FIU, FAU, FAMU, etc

I really hope you didn't just compare Mike Pouncey to Floyd...the kid has been at practice all season, has he not? Didn't he shoot it out with Eveld on the first team O to see who'd start at QB for Miami? Wasn't he the offical back up QB all year? I'm sure he's taken his fair share of snaps in his life. He fumbled how many times in the last couple games? 4? 5? No thanks.

difference is mike pouncey was a senior and i'm sure he practiced all season as well as he did all off season to make the move, not a redshirt freshman in his first college live action ever. I'm sure with good coaching and lots of practice he can easily improve.

Well for our sake, I hope you're right. As of right now, Floyd and Eveld are very unimpressive.