• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rahmon Swain JUCO LB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,338
  • Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

The Willie Taggart era has gotten off to a good start in Tampa. After Taggart was officially introduced has head coach on Saturday, and conducted in-home visits with recruits on Sunday, Taggart and the Bulls were informed on Tuesday that three star prospect Rahmon Swain has committed to play at USF.

Swain, who played at Butler County Community College in 2011 and 2012, chose USF after receiving offers from Boise State, Kansas State, Memphis, Mississippi State, Texas A&M and UCF.

The 6’2â€, 225 pound, Georgia native Swain had 84 total tackles and 4.5 sacks in 2012 with the Grizzlies. Swain played two years with Butler County after transferring from Kent State and sitting out the 2010 season. In his career with Butler, Swain had 140 total tackles, 14.5 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks, 5 forced fumbles and 2 fumble recoveries.

Swain is a nice early signing for Willie Taggart and the Bulls. Swain is a much-needed addition to the Bulls’ linebacker corps that had a lackluster 2012 that produced just seven sacks and did not have an interception in twelve games. Swain will have an opportunity to play immediately for USF due to the graduation of Sam Barrington and Michael Lanaris.

Rahmon Swain is the third player to sign with the University of South Florida since Willie Taggart was named head coach on December 8th. Swain joins the USF 2013 signing class that already has teammate cornerback Torrel Saffold and University High School QB Michael White.

Swain and Butler County Community College finished the 2012 season ranked second in the country. The Grizzlies fell 27-7 to Iowa Western in the National Championship game on December 2nd.

http://bullsradio.org/index.php/component/k2/item/631-usf-signs-junior-college-talent-rahmon-swain.html

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Sounds like he's one and done. One year at Kent, one redshirt at Butler, two years at Butler.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Sounds like he's one and done. One year at Kent, one redshirt at Butler, two years at Butler.

As long as he produces

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

i believe he signed with kent in 10

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

That part of the article wasn't real clear about where he was in 2010 (may have transferred from Kent before season), but wherever it was, he sat out so he does have 2 years ...

More info:

Butler (Kan.) Community College linebacker Rahmon Swain said he felt “needed and wanted†at South Florida on his official visit last weekend. And that was enough.

The 6-foot-2, 225-pound sophomore from Lithonia, Ga., committed to the Bulls and new coach Willie Taggart shortly after Swain’s return to Kansas.

“I felt I could be a big part of turning that around,†Swain said. “I felt a real good vibe at that place.â€

Recruited by Cosh ... Supposedly also had offer from aTm,

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

http://rivals.yahoo....mon-Swain-87338

part of kent state's 2010 class

edit:

didn't show up on their 2010 roster, but showed up on Butler's 2011 fall roster

Edited by 2000bull

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Looks like A&M was offering one of his teammates as well, also a LB.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

That part of the article wasn't real clear about where he was in 2010 (may have transferred from Kent before season), but wherever it was, he sat out so he does have 2 years ...

More info:

Butler (Kan.) Community College linebacker Rahmon Swain said he felt “needed and wanted†at South Florida on his official visit last weekend. And that was enough.

The 6-foot-2, 225-pound sophomore from Lithonia, Ga., committed to the Bulls and new coach Willie Taggart shortly after Swain’s return to Kansas.

“I felt I could be a big part of turning that around,†Swain said. “I felt a real good vibe at that place.â€

More info:

Apparently we have the Cosh pipeline to Butler. His son is the starting QB.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/butler-pair-commit-join-bulls-january

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

More info:

More info:

Apparently we have the Cosh pipeline to Butler. His son is the starting QB.

http://www.tampabay....n-bulls-january

Pipeline Disappearing in 3.....2.....1......