• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What game day "things" stay or go

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not too worried about the 300 level, but I agree with the other things. Our pre game activities suck and don't encourage the fans to show up on time

Went to the Bucs game today and they have the same issue. People filling in seats for the entire 1st quarter. It was like someone posted the wrong game time start in the newspaper. Must be a Tampa thing.

I can't speak for the bucs pre game activities, but I can tell you tailgating for USF games this year was more exciting then the games. There is no buzz or excitement about getting to your seats early. The food and beer are also much cheaper in the parking lot.

Edited by Nuke

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645

I have never lost a tailgate

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Are kegs still banned?

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

keep the on campus green and gold bowl

(i know its not gameday)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

I'm not too worried about the 300 level, but I agree with the other things. Our pre game activities suck and don't encourage the fans to show up on time

Went to the Bucs game today and they have the same issue. People filling in seats for the entire 1st quarter. It was like someone posted the wrong game time start in the newspaper. Must be a Tampa thing.

I can't speak for the bucs pre game activities, but I can tell you tailgating for USF games this year was more exciting then the games. There is no buzz or excitement about getting to your seats early. The food and beer are also much cheaper in the parking lot.

This has always been the case whether we are playing well or not.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936

This has always been the case whether we are playing well or not.

Well I can't speak for everyone else, but I use to get to my seats 15 minutes or so before kickoff (when we didn't suck). This past year I was lucky to make it in before the first quarter was over. An exciting product will get more fans in the seats on time. Our lack of quality pre game entertainment and tradition hurts us.

Edited by Nuke

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Don't ever play that crap "I Got A Feeling" song, because unlike the lyrics state ("I got a feeling. That tonight's gonna be a good night...yada yada yada"), almost everything goes to s--t every game they play song and it's almost always an immediate response. For example, Pitt 2008, they played that crap right after we scored a TD to take the lead near the end of the game. On the ensuing kickoff, we kicked it out of bounds, Pitt took the short field and scored to beat us, and another second half swoon was upon us.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

When I was up in the northeast it was the same thing, for MLS and football. In the south though I've noticed it's real easy to get relaxed during tailgate and lost track of time. Although it's bad form, having the tailgate run long is a good quality of the game day experience. If those as ses in seats weren't late, would most of those same people be there at all?

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Redo the entire pregame show and have it coordinated down to the minute.

t-minus 25 minutes: Teams conclude warmups; jumbotron begins showing sponsorship commecials

t-minus 20 minutes: HOT takes the field for pregame performance

t-minus 15 minutes: National Anthem performed

t-minus 10 minutes: HOT concludes performance and begins marching to form tunnel; PA announcer begins announcing starting lineups.

t-miuns 8 minutes: Opposing team takes the field

t-minus 7 minutes: USF takes the field

t-minus 3 minutes: Coin toss

t-minus 1 minutes: pump up video

Other items:

- HOT plays the entire BULL, not the abbreviated version. No more playing the opponents fight song, I know its a nice gesture, but no need to pump their fans up (especially when we are outnumbered in our own stadium). Tunnel needs to go back to the straight shot, not that arc. The announcer needs to be canned and a better introduction for the cheerleaders, SunDolls, and Rocky are needed.

- The pregame needs to be the same every week (sans senior night). Stop changing it up, that includes sky divers.

- Get rid of the fake cannon noise and replace it with a real cannon fired by a squad from the ROTC.

- Mic the band. No one can hear the First Down song, and it doesn't help when the PA announcer is trying to start his own First Down cheer which conflicts with that song.

- Update the music. I get the players prefer rap music, but not from 4 years ago. Get something new. Plus, why not play some time tested pump up songs like Sandstorm, Seven Nation Army, Jump Around, etc.

- Players should stay win or lose for the fight song and alma mater. Something Skip never held to., they only stayed when we won and it was just the fight song. The message needs to be that win or lose, we love our school and fans (and team).

- Close the 300 level.