• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I think Malzahn's going to Auburn. Still don't think we can get Kirby.

Malzahn to Auburn and Bielma to Arky. Just Tennessee and Whisky ahead of us in pecking order for jobs this go around. I still doubt Smart would come here, but if DW pulled that off, he deserves another raise.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  334
  • Days Won:  0

Malzahn to Auburn and Bielma to Arky. Just Tennessee and Whisky ahead of us in pecking order for jobs this go around. I still doubt Smart would come here, but if DW pulled that off, he deserves another raise.

Yes but I think the Wisconsin job is now ahead of us in the pecking order

That's what I said, just Tennessee and Whisky (read: Wisconsin) ahead of USF. Wisconsin has more tradition, fan support, and money than USF will for a long time. It's definitely a better job, if you can get passed living in cold ass Wisconsin (personally that's a deal breaker for me).

Edited by Bull Martin

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  334

That's what I said, just Tennessee and Whisky (read: Wisconsin) ahead of USF. Wisconsin has more tradition, fan support, and money than USF will for a long time. It's definitely a better job, if you can get passed living in cold ass Wisconsin (personally that's a deal breaker for me).

Ahhhhhhh.... I see what you did there... I went to a game at camp randall a couple years ago, cold as hell but an excitng stadium for sure.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204

Also harder to make a name for yourself at either school when you're competing against Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, Florida, Alabama, Georgia.

We may not like the BE as it is going forward, but USF is in a location to dominate and make a name for itself to another conference down the line. Auburn and Arkansas have both apparently passed on Smart. I'm not sure a southern guy like him is a fit for Wisconsin and Tennessee has fallen way down the ladder.

I'm not saying we're in the driver's seat, but I think we are a more realistic possibility than many might think if he's intent on being a head coach. Guy is not exactly old.

Strong was the homerun hire back when we hired Skip. Obviously we never had a shot at time b/c he was hired before Leavitt was gone, but Smart is the homerun hire this go around. I just don't think he's realistically a target for USF.

He's the homerun hire, but David Price is the pitcher and there's a tee-ball player at bat.

• Topic Count:  1,037
  • Content Count:  7,521
  • Days Won:  10

Like it or not, as it stands right now we are a stepping stone program that someone like Smart may be attracted to. It won't be a pressure-cooker environment and he'll be able to develop ties to high schools here.

Like it or not, as it stands right now we are a stepping stone program that someone like Smart may be attracted to. It won't be a pressure-cooker environment and he'll be able to develop ties to high schools here.

I wish that were true, but I've had the feeling that Smart had the experience to bypass that step, much like Muschamp did at Florida.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Already rumors that Paul Chryst will be very high on Wisconsins list. The type of football they run (power run game), I don't think we'd be near looking at the same type of candidates anyway.

Talk about how the mighty have fallen, when Pitt can't even keep a coach for more than two seasons.