• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Got a question for Coach Holtz? Removal of entire post!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,752
  • Days Won:  3

Well, I'm gonna guess that the camp that, I don't know the correct words to use, but let's just say 'are happy with' Skip, are probably not going to post anything.

Generally it's the dissatisfied customer who writes the review, clicks on the 'contact us', or in this case posts on their FB page. Talking to a guy yesterday...

Skip is such a nice guy, he's recruited a better (academically, less criminal intent) players (of course, we didn't touch on talent), but says that when you meet

with CSH, he knows how to work the room, he says all the right things, doesn't come off as a jock. However, the on-the-field metrics tell the other half of the

story. There's cheerleaders out there who don't dig too far under the surface. There's folks out there who don't know - or don't care would be my guess -

that there will be no sharp questions on live radio. What about the question of "how would you assess your performance, as a coach and mentor, over the

past two years given the exceptional number of on the field losses?". Would that make it past the censors?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

Well, I'm gonna guess that the camp that, I don't know the correct words to use, but let's just say 'are happy with' Skip, are probably not going to post anything.

Generally it's the dissatisfied customer who writes the review, clicks on the 'contact us', or in this case posts on their FB page. Talking to a guy yesterday...

Skip is such a nice guy, he's recruited a better (academically, less criminal intent) players (of course, we didn't touch on talent), but says that when you meet

with CSH, he knows how to work the room, he says all the right things, doesn't come off as a jock. However, the on-the-field metrics tell the other half of the

story. There's cheerleaders out there who don't dig too far under the surface. There's folks out there who don't know - or don't care would be my guess -

that there will be no sharp questions on live radio. What about the question of "how would you assess your performance, as a coach and mentor, over the

past two years given the exceptional number of on the field losses?". Would that make it past the censors?

No. You can't ask a question like that. It has to be more along these lines:

• What color uniforms will you be wearing this week?
  • Coach, talk about what it's like to play 2 on the road and come back home after almost a month.
  • What are some of the things you do to get prepared in a week that has 1 extra day?
  • Do you have anything planned special for the seniors?

Complete fluff. I stopped listening a few weeks ago. I understand completely that they can't ask any of the *mean spirited* questions from facebook, but they could at least ask some more critical questions and stop throwing the same nerf balls at him every week.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

Have we ever thought of actually wearing purple slippers?

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

i always wondered who shows up to that beef's show. i tuned in a for a few min and as they went to commercial each time, it always sounds like the same crowd noise and cow bells.

i have to wonder if that crowd clapping and cow bell noise is piped in from a recording from long ago. certainly there's not one person who has come in and booed at all? i would assume people who say they will may just be classier than they post but i wonder if they pipe in the faux crowd noise going to break so they don't have issues with the fcc if someone is bleeping in the background.

I would think most people would not be man enough to walk in and boo coach Holtz so up close and personal as a sports bar.

Put a few beers into some of the crazies on this board, no telling what they would say or do.

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

i always wondered who shows up to that beef's show. i tuned in a for a few min and as they went to commercial each time, it always sounds like the same crowd noise and cow bells.

i have to wonder if that crowd clapping and cow bell noise is piped in from a recording from long ago. certainly there's not one person who has come in and booed at all? i would assume people who say they will may just be classier than they post but i wonder if they pipe in the faux crowd noise going to break so they don't have issues with the fcc if someone is bleeping in the background.

I'm there every week. It's not recorded clapping. It's real.

Forgive me if this is too personal but do you clap for Holtz when you are there?

I do. I have a more personal relationship with Coach Holtz than just being a fan, so I like to show support whenever I can.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

I'm there every week. It's not recorded clapping. It's real.

Forgive me if this is too personal but do you clap for Holtz when you are there?

I do. I have a more personal relationship with Coach Holtz than just being a fan, so I like to show support whenever I can.

Does he hand out all those time outs he hoards every game? /jk

I wouldn't be able to do it. I get physically sick every time they show his mug on the sidelines, smiling after every INT and blown pass coverage.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

I would think most people would not be man enough to walk in and boo coach Holtz so up close and personal as a sports bar.

I know that I have been calling for Skip's head but not sure booing him on his own show is the right thing to do. I will not tell other people what to do with their time but I just would have no interest in doing it even if I hated him like poison. I doubt that booing him on his radio show would get us the change we need or make him wake up from his fantasy world and actually try to lead USF to a victory!

The same type of answers have been given for several weeks now. I'm surprised they took this one down.

I'm more surprised they even opened that up at this point in the season. They should have known the only ones who would respond are the dickheads that did.

So they're dickheads for being pissed at USF and Skip Holtz's performance?

I am guessing that he would like to see more creative questions which would be hard hitting but not so blunt and lowbrow. Sometimes a little subtlety can go a long way and even be more painful that just telling him how he sucks.

I've seen some of the comments on the Facebook page over the course of the year.

After BJ's injury they had a couple fluff pieces on his recovery and his yardage records and there were our "fans" posting that he was a loser, and that they were glad he was injured so we could move on. Every single post over the last 2 months contains negative commentary from the "fans", even the innocuous USF posts with photographs of the team practicing.

I think people should voice their opinions and I think Skip needs to go, but trashing he team on their page is not the right way to go about it. At all.

These "fans" are dumbasses as the qb was not the reason we were losing. In fact,my question to them would be things have gotten considerably worse since he went down have they not? Daniels was not a pro prospect but was the best we had. Edited by Mission9

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

It really is tough reading this board anymore. To those of you that really believe Skip doesn't care about winning just don't know the guy. This has been tough on him and his family. I'm not crazy about some of his coaching decisions (or lack thereof) and all the losing, but this is not something the man wants. My wife and I went over to talk to his wife at the L'ville game and the poor woman is just totally distraught over this as is Skip. Trust me. They care. That doesn't mean he is getting the job done and deserves to stay but meet the man and his family and there is no way you "boo" the man. You can boo the decisions made during the game but just don't think the man deserves being booed at his radio show. Just like the kids on the field. I just won't boo a college athlete, either team. Just my :2cents: .