• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Got a question for Coach Holtz? Removal of entire post!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

It really is tough reading this board anymore. To those of you that really believe Skip doesn't care about winning just don't know the guy. This has been tough on him and his family. I'm not crazy about some of his coaching decisions (or lack thereof) and all the losing, but this is not something the man wants. My wife and I went over to talk to his wife at the L'ville game and the poor woman is just totally distraught over this as is Skip. Trust me. They care. That doesn't mean he is getting the job done and deserves to stay but meet the man and his family and there is no way you "boo" the man. You can boo the decisions made during the game but just don't think the man deserves being booed at his radio show. Just like the kids on the field. I just won't boo a college athlete, either team. Just my :2cents: .

Well stated.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Ricky, these tough times have made a lot of us diehards a little crazy, but I appreciate your perspective and agree. Holtz is a very nice guy and I'm sure it's tough on him and his family ... But it should be. He's a man making millions of dollars and not performing well at his job, which is to win football games. Not to compete well, or to give great effort, but his job is to win. It's gotten worse each year, too.

I do agree that he does care and his family does too. And I do think in our anger we make things more personal than they really are and more than we should. I think this is the case here on whether or not he cares.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

It really is tough reading this board anymore. To those of you that really believe Skip doesn't care about winning just don't know the guy. This has been tough on him and his family. I'm not crazy about some of his coaching decisions (or lack thereof) and all the losing, but this is not something the man wants. My wife and I went over to talk to his wife at the L'ville game and the poor woman is just totally distraught over this as is Skip. Trust me. They care. That doesn't mean he is getting the job done and deserves to stay but meet the man and his family and there is no way you "boo" the man. You can boo the decisions made during the game but just don't think the man deserves being booed at his radio show. Just like the kids on the field. I just won't boo a college athlete, either team. Just my :2cents: .

+1

I'm torn about it because I can understand either decision, keep him or let him go, and I do believe he cares. We'll have to just see what happens; glad I don't have to make the final decision. If he stays though they need to make changes in defensive coaching.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663

Oh I'm sorry, did we hurt his feelings? Should we clap for him and make him feel special on the field? This guy is making 2 MILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR in case you forgot. His job is to WIN FOOTBALL GAMES. I wouldn't boo the man on the radio show but you'd better believe I'd let him know how I felt as soon as it was over.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

Who is going to insure revenues come into the program while you guys are singing Kum bay yah talking about how great a guy Holtz is? If he was such a great guy he would have interviewed qualified people for the DC job instead of looking out for his friend who was without a job

Edited by sloan1919

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993

Ha. Singing kumbaya. That's not what anyone advocated. However, trashing the school and players on the Facebook page or being denigrating at he call-in is poor form.

I think Hem is right, you shuld feel free to express your displeasure with Holtz after the show. Do it in an even keeled manner without cursing the guy out. Have no problem with that. But trying to embarrass him publicly simply is not called for.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

Oh I'm sorry, did we hurt his feelings? Should we clap for him and make him feel special on the field? This guy is making 2 MILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR in case you forgot. His job is to WIN FOOTBALL GAMES.

Do you honestly think that you feel worse about this year than he does? Are you really that self centered??

I wouldn't boo the man on the radio show but you'd better believe I'd let him know how I felt as soon as it was over.

And what exactly would you say to him that he already doesn't know?

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

i always wondered who shows up to that beef's show. i tuned in a for a few min and as they went to commercial each time, it always sounds like the same crowd noise and cow bells.

i have to wonder if that crowd clapping and cow bell noise is piped in from a recording from long ago. certainly there's not one person who has come in and booed at all? i would assume people who say they will may just be classier than they post but i wonder if they pipe in the faux crowd noise going to break so they don't have issues with the fcc if someone is bleeping in the background.

I'm there every week. It's not recorded clapping. It's real.

Forgive me if this is too personal but do you clap for Holtz when you are there?

I do. I have a more personal relationship with Coach Holtz than just being a fan, so I like to show support whenever I can.

He needs it......maybe you can kick him in the ass next time you see him and wake him up out of his coma.

Edited by jg

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

Honestly guys I think winning is equally or more important to him than his 2 million dollar salary.

Not sure if there is truth to this but I heard he has slept overnight in the athletics building last season when we had a few losses.

Certainly we all wish he could right the ship. I don't think he's surrounded himself with the coaches he needs to in order to be successful.

He must be disappointed in himself more than anyone. There must e a shake up on the coaching staff this off season or I'm afraid Holtz won't ever be successful. I would almost say entirely new staff on the defensive side of the ball. Maybe an SEC positions coach, from a conference that knows defense.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

Oh I'm sorry, did we hurt his feelings? Should we clap for him and make him feel special on the field? This guy is making 2 MILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR in case you forgot. His job is to WIN FOOTBALL GAMES.

Do you honestly think that you feel worse about this year than he does? Are you really that self centered??

I wouldn't boo the man on the radio show but you'd better believe I'd let him know how I felt as soon as it was over.

And what exactly would you say to him that he already doesn't know?

How to run a football team........I think true Bulls fans do care more than he does. Not saying he likes to lose but that fat paycheck has to ease the pain