• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AD on Football team: We are close to putting it all together

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Doug must have finally told Skip that we had better win out and at least be close to getting into a bowl game or else... given our performance this season I don't see how he could make a statement like that without laying down the law to Skippy boy.

If he made that statement blindly then he is a dumb-ass... we are not children or a bunch of drooling idiots, and would had liked an honest statement vs a bunch of smoke blown up my ass.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Doug must have finally told Skip that we had better win out and at least be close to getting into a bowl game or else... given our performance this season I don't see how he could make a statement like that without laying down the law to Skippy boy.

So you think a possibility is that DW said that because he gave an ultimatum to Skip and Doug thinks that scared him so much that now he will really, really, REALLY try to win instead of just really, really trying.... You guys are a hoot! :lol:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Did we trade away the whole defense for another teams defense... this team will not go bowling.

Will be lucky if we win two more games rest of the year.

I would love to see Holtz get things turned around but as long as we have Cosh that won't happen.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

LOL that is hilarious, Yes Doug layed the law down to Skippy Boy LOL. NOTTTTTTTTTTTT

Put the green glasses down and see the real picture.

Doug already made a statement that he will evaluate the season at the end of the season like he said he always does. The reason for the comment last night was nothing more than Smoke Screen and to Build up the team crap. Doug saying what most in his postion would do.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Well, my first reaction, being the wise ass I am, is that Doug is right. We are pretty close to putting it together to go to a bowl game again. Maybe another year or two until Skip can get his guys in here and develop. That's pretty close. Right?

Anyway. Doug is the leader of band so of course publicly he needs to stay as optimistic as possible.

Are people on here so naïve to not understand public statements don't necessarily mean that something else is going on behind the scenes? Really?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  554
  • Days Won:  0

He is very close to the football program. Travels with team, IS at practices, is in the locker rooms after the games (this is from a conversation with him).

I believe he genuinely believes we are one last piece of the puzzle away from being a winning team. He is right... look at the other thread stating what our record WOULD be had we been able to get our **** together in the fourth quarter. The difference between his view and ours is that we don't believe Skip knows were to look for that last piece and even if he found it, he wouldn't utilize it properly, while Bill believes we CAN find it and it WILL work.

He has an excellent view of the football team but from my conversation with him, he is too optimistic for my taste and too far from the reality that this team needs major help. That being said, I trust him. I believe he genuinely has a passion for USF football and wants to see a winning team.

EDIT: I would also like to say I am a bit bothered that 2.5 seasons into having Skip here, after a foundation of a winning team, NOW we are ALMOST there. We should have been there in 2011 after beating Clemson in the bowl game.

Holtz can't find the missing piece because he's the problem. A functional coach is the missing piece.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  217
  • Days Won:  0

If we lose against UConn, I fear a 2-10 finish.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

People are reading way to much into this, Doug is saying what needs to say given the state of the program right now.

As for qualifying for a bowl yes its possible but not likely even though this week and Miami are winnable games.

As for qualifying for a bowl it would not really be in the Athletic depts best interest to go bowling this year. It possibly gives Skip another year or two to make the program worse. It would also be a HUGE hit to the Athletic Dept Budget. The school would be on the hook for thousands of UNSOLD tickets, Travel, Hotels, Meals ect.... Unfort the bright light in not going bowling is that we still get BE Bowl money since the conference has reveune sharing. So USF stands to actually make money by not going bowling. Skip and Doug both have clauses in their contracts that they receive money for making it to a bowl game( we dont need to pay either of them another penny) They are already stealing from the School with their sweet deals and horrible performance.

Although I can totally see this side of things, I would really love for the seniors on this team to get to enjoy another bowl experience. Very unlikely at this point.

The seniors on this team don't deserve a bowl game.

Wow. Tough blanket statement.

I agree, these seniors need to move on, I am tired of hearing how "great" they are.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

I agree, these seniors need to move on, I am tired of hearing how "great" they are.

After one more loss, I think it's going to be way more interesting to watch with some new players.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

Does anyone find it interesting that the offensive line, with Skip's guys, seems to be better that we've seen in a while?