• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

John Gruden

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

he would only leave foe millions per year

usf cant afford him today

I think season tickets, merchandise, donations would all go thru the roof if he were hired though, so I think it would be workable. I mean we'd be over 35k season tickets I'd bet, not to mention a firm national presence, and tons of coverage.

Obviously this while topic goes beyond pipe dream category. But since it's out there...

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I'd love to have Gruden as a HC. USF would love to have him as a HC. If the money was there, sure we'd offer.

I think Gruden is happy where he is. He has one of the best jobs in the world (Monday Night Football commentator) and still gets plenty of family time in. He's got it made so I doubt he does anything else

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

IMO, Gruden would be a terrible college coach. He doesn't have the patience to develop players. In the NFL, he always preferred veterans to younger guys.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

IMO, Gruden would be a terrible college coach. He doesn't have the patience to develop players. In the NFL, he always preferred veterans to younger guys.

This is exactly a large part of the reason I say it ain't happening.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

If Gruden leaves "Monday Night Football" it will be for an NFL job, not a college job.

I disagree, he's reached that point in his career where he doesn't need to take anything for the money anymore. He will return to football for the love of it and won't sacrifice family time to do it. I have a feeling that limits him to Florida, but anything less than our NFL teams would have to be UF, UM, or FSU.

He wouldn't uproot his family at this point, it will be a job of convenience. Though we all remember when Gruden was in the press box for one of our ESPN games a few years ago? Guy was high as hell on USF.

It certainly would be a good idea for Woolard (coughorhissuccessorcough) to give the guy a call. Chances are about as close as you can get to zero, but at least give him a call.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The rumor mill is running ramped that John Gruden is being heavily recruited by UT. There is an article on this topic at espn.com, but it is an "In" article which I am not privy to. If in fact John Gruden even has a slight interest in coaching college football, I would sincerely hope that our administration would do everything in its power to at the very least speak with him about his interest in being the next head coach at USF. I know this is probably a pipe dream, considering the money it would take to land him here, assuming he even has an interest in coaching at the college level. However, it is worth a shot at a local guy who is a proven leader and well respected throughout the football ranks.

JG is holding out for the Dallas Cowboys... last time I checked I think that Dallas can easily out spend ANY college program.

Also didn't JG say one time that he would NEVER coach college football because he hates young kids?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

The rumor mill is running ramped that John Gruden is being heavily recruited by UT. There is an article on this topic at espn.com, but it is an "In" article which I am not privy to. If in fact John Gruden even has a slight interest in coaching college football, I would sincerely hope that our administration would do everything in its power to at the very least speak with him about his interest in being the next head coach at USF. I know this is probably a pipe dream, considering the money it would take to land him here, assuming he even has an interest in coaching at the college level. However, it is worth a shot at a local guy who is a proven leader and well respected throughout the football ranks.

JG is holding out for the Dallas Cowboys... last time I checked I think that Dallas can easily out spend ANY college program.

Also didn't JG say one time that he would NEVER coach college football because he hates young kids?

LOL ...... wait, you're not serious, are you?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Gruden has to have a old smart qb to run his system and thats why it would fail in college I don't see him leaving MNFL.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Texas is going after Saban according to a long thread on one of their boards.