• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's just say Holtz fires Cosh next year.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

skip is the one to be replaced. he is the one who has let cosh stink up the field and makes no adjustments.

If skip goes they all go...thankfully! I don't see a new coach keeping them around, especially since they've stunk up the joint

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I dont care if the new DC/OC considers this job a stepping stone. It is just the way it is. How many coaches want to END UP here? Cant be many. If a DC comes in and gives 2-3 good years of top25 defense and our team is winning games and competing for conference titles and garners some respect...I will thank him for his time here as he heads to a new position. There are only like 15 schools where you can comfortably call them the end of the line. Im not a fan of a revolving door of coaches, but it is part of the business and there is a right way to do it, and a wrong way to do it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

skip is the one to be replaced. he is the one who has let cosh stink up the field and makes no adjustments.

If skip goes they all go...thankfully! I don't see a new coach keeping them around, especially since they've stunk up the joint

keep in mind if they all go so does Kevin Patrick and Larry Scott. it would be amazing if those to survived two coaching changes.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I am curious. I have seen posts on here that say that the DC's are running Skip's defense. If so, does that include the soft zones? We ran into the same problems last year. Although the defense seemed to be better at times last year, we still had the same end-of-game collapses. And Mark Snyder seems to be doing better since he left here. If the problem is the head coach and the type of defense he wants to run, replacing Cosh is not going to help.

Skip believes in a zone (a very soft one) on 3rd down. "We stop them on 1st and 2nd down and play a zone on 3rd to not give up the big play."

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,780
  • Days Won:  3

WoolyBully calm down it is not that serious this is just a hypothetical situation.

Holtz's extended contract does have a buy out clause. In this hypothetical situation and in reality he would have four more years on his contract leaving only $2.0M remaining equal to one year's salary. So the likely-hood to buyout the last four years in not unreasonable.

So if you are Holtz would you roll the dice and go with an "up and coming" defensive coordinator or an "experienced" defensive coordinator?

And on the other side of the coin as a defensive coordinator is it worth the risk, understanding what could potentially happen to Holtz staff?

1. I am exceptionally calm.

2. Go with the up-n-coming: USF is not the final stop on the Holtz Coaching Train. Most "experienced" DCs are looking for a step up (e.g. head coaching slot,

or at least DC in the power-conferences, not in the BE/CUSA/MW/ realm). The benefit to Holtz is someone who can turn this around, not looking for

someone who will save his hide. It adds to CSH's resume that he recognized the need for a change and moved in that direction.

3. Again, all of these boys know the risk involved in going this career route.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488

Hellen Keller or Stevie Wonder could coach our Defense better than Cosh. He is the worst waste of space and money. Look at K State without him. Look at USF since we got him. Most everyone picked us to have one of the best defenses in the BE if not the best, esp the front 7. We have become the laughing stock of the BE and the College FB world.

Hellen Keller and Stevie Wonder are definitely outside the box, but I like where you are going with these hires.

I think Lionel Richie would be better...."Say you, Say me, Say it always, That's the way it should be."

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  172

"Would you take the job of defensive coordinator at USF?".

Yes, I would.

I was pretty good at Tecmo Bowl, so I'm better than Cosh.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,471
  • Days Won:  25

IF skippy hired a DC, tes, he would get fired along with the rest of the staff. And I think he probably should be.

BUT, what if DW hired a proven DC with the promise if being the next head coach? It's happened before...

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Put yourself in the shoes of an up and coming defensive coordinator or an experienced defensive coordinator.

You would ultimately be responsible for turning around the defense in less than a year, without any opportunity to recruit. And if you fail you along with Holtz will be fired at the end of the year if things don't work out.

You're right... I guess we should fire the whole staff. You talked me into it.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Put yourself in the shoes of an up and coming defensive coordinator or an experienced defensive coordinator.

You would ultimately be responsible for turning around the defense in less than a year, without any opportunity to recruit. And if you fail you along with Holtz will be fired at the end of the year if things don't work out.

Lets not say and just do.