• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Instant Gratification

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I don't think it's too much to expect to be competitively in the top-3 of the Big East conference on a season-to-season basis, especially considering that we are stocked with Florida football players. I don't consider that instant gratification.

We were in the top 3-4 of the Big East and that got the last coach fired because everyone thought we should be the top team!

Well, during Leavitt's tenure, USF tied for 3rd place in the Big East only in 2005 and 2007. That's not really what I meant as competitively in the top-3 on a season-to-season basis. There's no doubt that the guy bled green and gold, but I think his teams really plateaued in the Big East.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I don't think it's too much to expect to be competitively in the top-3 of the Big East conference on a season-to-season basis, especially considering that we are stocked with Florida football players. I don't consider that instant gratification.

We were in the top 3-4 of the Big East and that got the last coach fired because everyone thought we should be the top team!

Well, during Leavitt's tenure, USF tied for 3rd place in the Big East only in 2005 and 2007. That's not really what I meant as competitively in the top-3 on a season-to-season basis. There's no doubt that the guy bled green and gold, but I think his teams really plateaued in the Big East.

Yeah but we suck now. We can only dream of that plateau of pizza jack bowls. One thing the old farts of my youth were right about "Be careful what you wish for".......

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

to be fair our program builds for a run every 3 or 4 years. leavitt lost his 3+ year starting QB in the 3rd game of his senior season. that was supposed to be our year to really compete

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011

I loved the Holtz hire, but it's just not working. He is a terrible coach. There is some sort of clock or game management issue EVERY ******* WEEK.

Leavitt led us to some disappointing seasons but I don't think he ever went 1-10 in the Big East. I'll take 7-5 and the Beef o'Bradys bowl over this any day.

I wasn't expecting us to run away with a conference championship this season, but we should at least be in the running.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Biggest issue with Holtz in my opinion is that he and his defensive staff just CAN'T fix the problems with our defense even though we have gotten beat in virtually the same manner the last 5 games.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

Biggest issue with Holtz in my opinion is that he and his defensive staff just CAN'T fix the problems with our defense even though we have gotten beat in virtually the same manner the last 5 games.

Bingo!!! They talk as if they know that it is the problem. But they can't come up with a way to correct it? Not good, not good at all. Either stubborn or incompetent.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

4 recent losses.

Miami 2011:

36 yd FG as time expires after 15 play 61 yard drive.

Lost 6-3.

WVU 2011:

28 yd FG as time expires after 10 play 63 yard drive.

Lost 30-27.

Cincinnati 2011:

Zach Collaros 2 yd TD run with 12 seconds to play after 7 play 70 yards.

Lost 37-34.

Ball State 2012:

Willie Snead 19 yd pass from Keith Wenning (Steven Schott kick), 1:02 Drive: 10 plays, 75 yards

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Bingo!!! They talk as if they know that it is the problem. But they can't come up with a way to correct it? Not good, not good at all. Either stubborn or incompetent.

they seem to be blaming it on the personnel. I think that's why they are shaking up the depth chart.

we had the same problem with 3rd and longs and last minute collapses last year.

perhaps it's the scheme?

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

So what is the common theme in the scheme. HOLTZ!!

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

expecting to beat ball state and temple is considered wanting instant gratification?