• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Am I the only one?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,806
  • Days Won:  0

10-3 wasn't that our best record.

We have never won 10 games. 9 is the most.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I've never understood this argument. Be patient? For what? More losing? It's one thing if we had a first year coach with a class full of freshmen and sophomores. That's not what Holtz inherited. And we aren't (and don't aspire to be) Duke.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Shoop, like Trip said logic has little to do with this board. Some like to point to stats to try to say that certain players are great, but in the next sentence, bad mouth the coaches that called the plays allowing them to gain the yards. No matter what Skip or anyone else on the coaching staff says they will not be happy. Hell, I'd bet $$ to donuts that if he resigned those same people that want him fired would call him a quitter and say that he abandoned his team.

so the lack of logic only has to do with those you disagree with?

I'm sure you're refering to BJ. Nobody has said he was great. many have said he is good enough to win with. Him being top 25 in almost every offensive category suggests that.

He is also a much better runner than passer. I'm sure you would agree but for some reason holtz has him passing 30+ times in close games. spare me the stacked box excuse. UF ran 22 straight times against lsu. they averaged 3.0 yards per carry. kansas state just ran 52 times against iowa state. they averaged 3.4 ypc in a 1 score game. BTW QB ran 25 times and their TOP was over 41 minutes. we rank #114 in TOP. might want to change that if he keeps putting a weak defense on the field.

You're correct. What skip says doesn't have a lick to do with anyones happiness. why would it? guy is full of excuses for losing.

what skip does(i.e. how many wins he produces) has something to do with it though.

nobody who isn't satisified with his results would call him a quitter. In fact most would be happy he saved the school $2.5M.

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Hell... my only expectations are for a winning W-L record and for this team to compete every game. If they do that we go to a bowl and progress as a program over the years. A BE championship this year seemed an option due to the lower expectations of the other teams in the conference.

Just try... that's what I'm not seeing and that's why I'm pissed.

Edit... oh and I disagree on 2007... 2007 was a season that we'll never forget

Edited by Southshore26

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Looking at the BE teams ranked; the BE is having a strong year... Unfortunately we are at the kiddy table once again

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

So to summarize. Winning =Bad, Losing=Good. Is this Bizzarro Bullspen??? I would hate to get my hopes up that we would actually win something. What a crock.

This is why mothers should never leave their kids alone home with Dad and Friends.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Shoop, like Trip said logic has little to do with this board. Some like to point to stats to try to say that certain players are great, but in the next sentence, bad mouth the coaches that called the plays allowing them to gain the yards. No matter what Skip or anyone else on the coaching staff says they will not be happy. Hell, I'd bet $$ to donuts that if he resigned those same people that want him fired would call him a quitter and say that he abandoned his team.

The funniest thing on this board has been people like you or the OP who use strawman after strawman in attempt to make the fans on this board seem unreasonable or ignorant (no, logic seems quit out of the reach for you all as well). NO ONE that has been complaining has in any way been attempting to compare us to the Bamas, LSUs, Oregons of the world. I haven't seen a single person saying we should be drubbing the UF's or FSU's of the world. Nearly every single argument has been based around the fact that this current coaching staff has been, and has looked completely outmatched verse conference foes. Conference foes who don't have facilities that make ours look little league. Conference foes who have been recruiting at near the same level of us for years. Conference foes who for the most part have less resources (salary wise) than we do. This isn't an argument of why is USF struggling verse the Bama's of the world (which many of you continue to want to try to make). This is an argument as to why USF is failing against the Ball State's, the Temple's, the UConns of the world.

If you truly want to have a "reasonable" debate and conversation, then some of you need to quit with the ridiculous strawman attempts at making our own fanbase look ridiculous. Until then, you're just as ignorant, unreasonable, and illogical as those you think you're making fun of.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I don't get it. You're reasoning makes sense if we're talking about firing Leavitt based on the teams performance after going 8-5, 8-5, and 7-5 or something to that effect.

Talking about a coaching taking over an 8-5 team and going 8-5, 5-7, and 2-4 (losing to 2 of the 3 worst teams on our schedule and almost 3 of 4). Wanting that guy gone makes sense at just about every school in the country. Even in the MAC, WAC, and CUSA.

I see the same team now that I saw in 2004. I think the difference between Leavitt and Holtz is minimal.

I disagree. 2004 was the end of the cycle. We had just cycled out all our juniors and seniors in 2003. With the lack of depth USF had at that time you win every 3/4 years as the team cycles. If anything, this is the most senior year USF has ever had. This should have been the crest of the cycle. This team should have been equivalent to our 2003 team with a big crash next year.

We're still in for a crash next year. The problem is we're not very good this year either.

Edited by Bull Martin

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I don't get it. You're reasoning makes sense if we're talking about firing Leavitt based on the teams performance after going 8-5, 8-5, and 7-5 or something to that effect.

Talking about a coaching taking over an 8-5 team and going 8-5, 5-7, and 2-4 (losing to 2 of the 3 worst teams on our schedule and almost 3 of 4). Wanting that guy gone makes sense at just about every school in the country. Even in the MAC, WAC, and CUSA.

I see the same team now that I saw in 2004. I think the difference between Leavitt and Holtz is minimal.

I disagree. 2004 was the end of the cycle. We had just cycled out all our juniors and seniors in 2003. With the lack of depth USF had at that time you win every 3/4 years as the team cycles. If anything, this is the most senior year USF has ever had. This should have been the crest of the cycle. This team should have been equivalent to our 2003 team with a big crash next year.

We're still in for a crash next year. The problem is we're not very good this year either.

Next year will be a plataue not a collapse. We've already done as bad as we possible can.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

So to summarize. Winning =Bad, Losing=Good. Is this Bizzarro Bullspen??? I would hate to get my hopes up that we would actually win something. What a crock.

Exactly. It must be an election year. I hear the same arguments being made in the presidential campaign.