• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Am I the only one?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Sounds kind of dumb. You only name a HCIW when a coach is nearing retirement. Not for poor performance. No coach in the prime of their career would agree to something like that.

So...A .500 overall record is considered prime by USF fans now? DOH!

What the hell are you talking about?

You either fire Holtz or keep him. You don't appoint a HCIW.

Any Coach in the prime of his career wouldn't allow a HCIW to be appointed. No one would want someone to be looking over his shoulder.

Anyone in a management position of any kind would be a moron to allow that.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Sounds kind of dumb. You only name a HCIW when a coach is nearing retirement. Not for poor performance. No coach in the prime of their career would agree to something like that.

So...A .500 overall record is considered prime by USF fans now? DOH!

What the hell are you talking about?

You either fire Holtz or keep him. You don't appoint a HCIW.

Any Coach in the prime of his career wouldn't allow a HCIW to be appointed. No one would want someone to be looking over his shoulder.

Anyone in a management position of any kind would be a moron to allow that.

sleep.jpg

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

You laugh like Old Joe Biden, but O'Leary is 66 and has an up and down .500 record. Don't shoot me, I'm just reporting things I'm hearing.

I've heard that Mark Stoops has already been offered and he's already accepted the DC/HC in waiting job here. They're going to give Skip at least 1 more year, but they have demanded that he allow Stoops to be the DC and HCIW. Just reporting what I've heard. Or am I??

BTW IF you were a "fan" of USF back when CJL was here, then you'd know that if he were to accept the job at ucf that he would be going against everything that he stood for here. Would he then call us "The school to the West"?

From Leavitt's perspective USF now stands for lack of moral character for railroading him after all he sacrificed. Betrayal has a way of changing people's perspectives.

If true, then so be it, move on.... Jim was the architect of this program, but did not win ****.....

I respect him for what he did, but move on...

You mean move down not move on, right?

Not following your point

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Shoop, like Trip said logic has little to do with this board. Some like to point to stats to try to say that certain players are great, but in the next sentence, bad mouth the coaches that called the plays allowing them to gain the yards. No matter what Skip or anyone else on the coaching staff says they will not be happy. Hell, I'd bet $$ to donuts that if he resigned those same people that want him fired would call him a quitter and say that he abandoned his team.

The funniest thing on this board has been people like you or the OP who use strawman after strawman in attempt to make the fans on this board seem unreasonable or ignorant

We didn't need to make some of them look that way. There was no straw man needed. They did a fine job all by themselves talking about wearing bags and the program spiraling downward after the ******* 3rd game of the season. We're halfway through what's been a train wreck of a season so far. It's not often that coaches are let go after just one train wreck, much less 1/4 or even 1/2 a train wreck so unreasonable and ignorant is a pretty accurate description. I believe the strongest message out of Shoop's post was patience ... he should have known better.

We lost to our very first non-BCS game as a BCS conference member, and continued a streak of 3-8 at that point - it most certainly wasn't unreasonable to start questioning things. So yes, the continued strawman have not been needed, because I haven't seen you, nor any of the other "realist" even come close to defining and explaining a rational reason as to why we should be patient at this point. Nebraska fans our getting edgy after 9 win seasons, yet we are suppose to be "patient" during an abysmal 3-11 run....why? I have yet to read any type of rational thought out reason. Are we just to sit back and accept that we are the "Indiana" of the Big East? My whole point is stop lobbing the "crazy" fan posts until you or any of the defenders can rationally explain why we should be patien at this point. Until then, you're just as 'irrational' as the others.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Shoop, like Trip said logic has little to do with this board. Some like to point to stats to try to say that certain players are great, but in the next sentence, bad mouth the coaches that called the plays allowing them to gain the yards. No matter what Skip or anyone else on the coaching staff says they will not be happy. Hell, I'd bet $$ to donuts that if he resigned those same people that want him fired would call him a quitter and say that he abandoned his team.

The funniest thing on this board has been people like you or the OP who use strawman after strawman in attempt to make the fans on this board seem unreasonable or ignorant

We didn't need to make some of them look that way. There was no straw man needed. They did a fine job all by themselves talking about wearing bags and the program spiraling downward after the ******* 3rd game of the season. We're halfway through what's been a train wreck of a season so far. It's not often that coaches are let go after just one train wreck, much less 1/4 or even 1/2 a train wreck so unreasonable and ignorant is a pretty accurate description. I believe the strongest message out of Shoop's post was patience ... he should have known better.

We lost to our very first non-BCS game as a BCS conference member, and continued a streak of 3-8 at that point - it most certainly wasn't unreasonable to start questioning things. So yes, the continued strawman have not been needed, because I haven't seen you, nor any of the other "realist" even come close to defining and explaining a rational reason as to why we should be patient at this point. Nebraska fans our getting edgy after 9 win seasons, yet we are suppose to be "patient" during an abysmal 3-11 run....why? I have yet to read any type of rational thought out reason. Are we just to sit back and accept that we are the "Indiana" of the Big East? My whole point is stop lobbing the "crazy" fan posts until you or any of the defenders can rationally explain why we should be patien at this point. Until then, you're just as 'irrational' as the others.

Questioning things after 3 games? Absolutely ... Acting like the ******* world was about to end less than a year after being ranked? Irrational ..... Acting like Skip is intentionally trying to torpedo the football program and going off on 5 year old like tantrums attacking him? Irrational .... A rational reason for patience? Skip's track record before he got here and, more importantly, the fact that nothing's going to happen until, at the very least, the end of the season.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

We have talent on the team and should be able to compete.in the.big least With skip as hc we only have excuses Excuses are for losers. We were a few plays away from winning Almost of doesn't count. I'm sick off hearing how skippy doesn't have his players . Other coaches adapt-I believe muschamp is undefeated in his second year at florida

I have said before holtz is flying on his last name and needs to fly out of here

I agree with most of your post, but the comparison to muschamp is ridiculous, not only does he have "uf talent", he also has a different QB than last year. Brantley didn't belong at uf, the only reason he was there is he's a legacy.

he has to compete in sec with uf talent.

John Brantley was a 4 star pro style QB ranked #3 in the country with offers from alabama, oklahoma, Texas and louisville. they didn't recruit AND play him because his dad went there.

the reason he is successful this year is because he got rid of weis and his stupid offense that didn't fit his team's strengths.

their lead back averages 20 carries a game now.

their QB averages 18 passes and 10 runs per game.

BJ daniels averages 33 passes per game.

our lead back averages 13 carries per game.

once again skip is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Muschamp is smart enough to adapt his offense to his players skill set.

same with Snyder at k state. his qb had worse #s than BJ last year both passing and running. this year they are talking heisman.

he averages less than 20 passes per game and 17 runs per game.

great coaches know how to adapt their offense to their players skill set. Holtz has not done that. BJ is a better runner than passer yet he averages 33 passes per game. pure stupidity,.

BTW Pickney's passing numbers at ECU were no better than Bjs when skip won c-usa titles.he couldn't run either.

2009 120.9 rating 15 TDs 12 picks

2008 131.3 rating 13 TDs 7 picks

it was defense that won those titles at ECU. How's that working out for us here??

BJ Daniels

126.7 rating 13 TD 7 picks

120.3 rating 11 TD 13 pick

130.2 rating 10 TD 8 picks

add in his rushing and it's not even close. BJ is much better than pickney.

Edited by Bull94