• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Voodoo Five Article... Good Read

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Every time I see Holtz on the sideline, it weakens my will to live.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Every time I see Holtz on the sideline, it weakens my will to live.

Makes me want to vomit

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

V5 is MONEY

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

every time I see someone incorrectly spell Doug WOOLARD's name - it weakens their argument.

Any time I see someone starting a sentence inproperly without capitilization, it weakens their response.

Gotta love the ridiculous grammar police on message boards. Sorry for my quick type response where I didn't re-read for correct spelling. I'll certainly take that into consideration to make sure my argument isn't scoffed at because of a misspelling. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

not just you-- plenty of others keep making this mistake

way to overreact to a little criticism -- and nice try to say it was a single error-- you did it twice in one post and no doubt elsewhere in this forum.

• Topic Count:  251
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

Doug wouuulolard deserve a correct spelling?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Good read as always from V5...keep up the great work guys.

Woolard's always seemed like a decent AD to me, so extending Skippy's contract this past summer really puzzled me, and it still does. Greg helped answer it by finding out Doug got an extension at the same time, but even that doesn't explain why Judy agreed to it. Ineptitude is an easy answer (and it might be that simple), but I also wonder if maybe Skip was getting sniffed by another program and Doug wanted to secure him here before he left (great call, ahem). But I haven't read anything that suggests that.

Tough to remember that even a year ago after the Notre Dame win and hot start this board was worried about how we could secure Skip and who might steal him away. Now we'd sell him for a song.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

V5 is wrong about one thing. There will be no Skip Holtz Radio Show Tuesday night, because of the bye week, and the one on 16th will be as generic as all of the others.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Good read as always from V5...keep up the great work guys.

Woolard's always seemed like a decent AD to me, so extending Skippy's contract this past summer really puzzled me, and it still does. Greg helped answer it by finding out Doug got an extension at the same time, but even that doesn't explain why Judy agreed to it. Ineptitude is an easy answer (and it might be that simple), but I also wonder if maybe Skip was getting sniffed by another program and Doug wanted to secure him here before he left (great call, ahem). But I haven't read anything that suggests that.

Tough to remember that even a year ago after the Notre Dame win and hot start this board was worried about how we could secure Skip and who might steal him away. Now we'd sell him for a song.

I agree with this. Other than the Skip extension, I can't really see to many screw ups or ridiculous moves made by AD Woolard. I think what the leaders decided to do after the Leavitt situation was to circle the wagons and attempt to remove the revolving door of coaches coming and going--- basically they want stability.

Stability doesn't work too often in sports though. Even in a single game you should be considering half time and even 4th quarter adjustments. That we can't beat the FSUs of the world is not shocking. But to lose to Ball State and Temple--- that is just not acceptable for the salary we are paying CSH.

Woolard could right the ship and restore his standing with the fans by making a bold move at the end of this season. If I were him, I would start searching for a replacement now-- even to the point of getting it lined up. I don't think our fan base can live through another losing season without a shakeup to revitalize what appears to be a degrading football program. There is saving money and then there is saving the program. If the donor dollars and season tickets dry up, we will be in a terrible position AND I am starting to think it will be worse than the price of buying out Skip Holtz contract.

There has to be some formula for that that they are keeping track of-- but I am not about to try and rally fans to push the decision just so I can say "hey, look at me-- I was right". If AD Woolard makes the right move at the right time, he will restore the faith most of us have had in him. But keeping Holtz does not look like a smart move for anyone.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

A lifetime a great accomplishments are always undone by the negative... This could be a fatal mistake by Dougie Fresh

You can't cost your employer millions and survive that

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Would petrino work for $1.5?