• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Voodoo Five Article... Good Read

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

http://www.voodoofive.com/2012/10/7/3467512/temple-37-usf-28-skip-holtz-doug-woolard-chris-cosh

This is a fair and good read over all... I think that the guys over at Voodoo Five hit the nail on the head with it.

While Holtz is the issue, the real issue is the man who gave him a contract extension before he could prove himself worthy of an extension... its Woolard who is the problem more so then Holtz.

Also just like I thought we don't have the money to buy Holtz out... we are stuck in the same boat that UCF is stuck in with a bad coach that we can't fire due to his hefty contract, that our inept AD handed him...I'm also assuming a hefty guaranteed contract buyout is written into Holtz's contract as well.

Holtz has a contract until 2017, and I imagine that we won't be able to buy him out until 2015 season at the earliest, if not the 2016 season. We won't be able to buy him out due to budget issues at USF as a whole, and because football season ticket renewals will drop like a rock, especially given that we won't be hosting FSU or another big name school between now and the 2015-2016 season that will increase season ticket sales.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

let another school take him with no buyout.... That is our best option

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Maybe instead of putting up a billboard demanding that Holtz resign, someone should put up a billboard in Arkansas and a few other college towns that a need a new coach that they can have ours.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

http://www.voodoofiv...lard-chris-cosh

This is a fair and good read over all... I think that the guys over at Voodoo Five hit the nail on the head with it.

While Holtz is the issue, the real issue is the man who gave him a contract extension before he could prove himself worthy of an extension... its Woolard who is the problem more so then Holtz.

Also just like I thought we don't have the money to buy Holtz out... we are stuck in the same boat that UCF is stuck in with a bad coach that we can't fire due to his hefty contract, that our inept AD handed him...I'm also assuming a hefty guaranteed contract buyout is written into Holtz's contract as well.

Holtz has a contract until 2017, and I imagine that we won't be able to buy him out until 2015 season at the earliest, if not the 2016 season. We won't be able to buy him out due to budget issues at USF as a whole, and because football season ticket renewals will drop like a rock, especially given that we won't be hosting FSU or another big name school between now and the 2015-2016 season that will increase season ticket sales.

right--- you knew it all along-- it wasn't something you argued with ten people here on the board about when you were rallying people to fire Holtz immediately after the Ball State and FSU games. Must be nice living in revisionist history world

(and in case this went over your head -- /sarcasm)

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

I don't see anyone wanting him, there are better coaches looking for jobs right now. I guess we can always hope for a miracle

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

holtz buyout is $2.5 m this year. he is guaranteed $500k per year. we can easily afford it. just hire his replacement at $1.5M per. saves us $500k per year plus it might revitalize fanbase. might not lose as many season ticket holders. plenty of quality coaches get paid in that range.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936

holtz buyout is $2.5 m this year. he is guaranteed $500k per year. we can easily afford it. just hire his replacement at $1.5M per. saves us $500k per year plus it might revitalize fanbase. might not lose as many season ticket holders. plenty of quality coaches get paid in that range.

I agree, we could also potentially pay his buyout over 4 years with the money we save.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768

Its Woulards fault for putting USF in a tight financial spot (no matter what the buyout really is) unnecessarily. Yes it was a stupid, and possibly unexplainable mistake. However, its Holtz's fault we are failing on epic levels. As a fan, I'm more worried about what I'm watching and rooting for rather than what the financials are behind it. Maybe both mistakes (Woulard and Holtz) need to be fixed, but right now I'm just worried about what I'm watching on the field.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

every time I see someone incorrectly spell Doug WOOLARD's name - it weakens their argument.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768

every time I see someone incorrectly spell Doug WOOLARD's name - it weakens their argument.

Any time I see someone starting a sentence inproperly without capitilization, it weakens their response.

Gotta love the ridiculous grammar police on message boards. Sorry for my quick type response where I didn't re-read for correct spelling. I'll certainly take that into consideration to make sure my argument isn't scoffed at because of a misspelling. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: