• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What would be the best for the program?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  297
  • Days Won:  2

Do you think that Woolard, Judy, and admin would consider Skip and Co. a bust if this team finished oh, 2-10, 3-9? And with that, do you think that would be enough to justify a buy out and search for new blood as they know renewals would be low, revenues would be nill, and interest would be non existent?

And on the contrary, if we finished respectably, 5-7 (well... on par with last year or 6-6 and a freecreditreport.com bowl, would that be enough credibility for the school to keep him where he is?

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

At the point anyone feels the need to root to lose just walk away until you're ready to root for the team again.

Best thing would be for Skip to start winning. I would love to eat 2 plates of crow but have the team winning and be wrong about Skip.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  297

Oh, I'll root, and root to win.

But if it's inevitable and the downward spiral continues with continuous losses, will the red flags start flying in the front office?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

giving the scenarios you propose, winning is still preferable. It may make it tougher to change coaching staff-- but the program as a whole benefits every time we win a game. It helps recruiting and fan base

We should always want a win-- no matter what-- there is no draft position here. More losses usually means lousy recruiting classes.

It would be great IF (huge if) Skip got us to a bowl game this year and a better record the following year--- as much as I don't really care for his coaching I am pulling for him to win. I am always pulling for USF to win every chance they get.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,659
  • Days Won:  29

The question is what should they do when the season is over depending on the record

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,772
  • Days Won:  3

I can't imagine there's anyone who DOESN'T prefer wins. I would never prefer that we spiral downward just to clear out the coaching staff. I think that four years, maybe five,

is the maximum amount of time that any school will grant a coach to show REAL progress (1-6 to 2-5 isn't REAL progress). I would not look for Holtz to be fired, even if we

did repeat the 1-6 record from last year, however, zero-n-seven, that may require some high level negotiations.

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

He's staying thru 2013 at least. They should demand he fires Cosh and Fitch or resign after this years debacle.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

My green blood wants to win, but my brain says 5-7 is realistic, and my heart says that's not who we are/could be

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693

This season is a lame duck... best thing that could happen would be for Arkansas to waltz over after they fire their HC this off-season, and "steal" Holtz away from us so we can get a winner in here with some passion and fire.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

to me: 5-7 or 6-6

is COMPLETELY unacceptable.

In this big east 8-4 is the absolute worst we should be.... Especially given that we have UTC, Ball State, Temple on the schedule...

That SHOULD be 3 handout Ws right now.

• Downvote 1