• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The players only meeting...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

Players only meetings are never a good sign.

Usually there is some type of turmoil within the locker room.

I think the players might be getting tired of holtz and co. What football player wants to go play for a passive and ultra conservative coaching staff? Our game plans are boring, I hope this week we can open it up. We are predicted to get whooped, might as well have some fun and take some risks

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

they had one last year too.

We won 5 games total.

Enough said.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

To blame this stuff on a training camp location is off the mark. Vero gives the coaches an advantage because, THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO DO IN VERO. Back in TSP they compete with GF's, nightlife and other distractions. To blame this season's woes on Vero is just silly. It actually amplifies the real problem. If you can't get it done in a remote location, what is the problem?????

Finally, a voice of reason.

Lol, did someone blame Vero?

You know someone had to go there.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

I don't know what's funnier, Bullwinkle as a voice of reason or the allegation someone blames it on Vero.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I don't know what's funnier, Bullwinkle as a voice of reason or the allegation someone blames it on Vero.

Hey. I was being good. :D. My only point was Vero is not a distraction. The place is spartan and the players can practice in a worry free environment. Most Pro camps have TCs and it kind of works for them. Someday we may feel lucky that we carved out that unique space. Vero isn't the problem with this team. I can almost guarantee that. besides, it's close by so I can go watch em practice and we all know how important that is.

As to whether someone was blaming something on Vero I offer the OP. Maybe not "blaming" literally, butI think my comment was fair.

Kind of makes you wonder what happened at Vero this year? I believe that the Athletic dept. pays quite a bit for this "bonding week"
Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Players only meetings should happen all the time. The problem is when it is announced to the public as a way to rally the troops.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

I think they are having a players only meeting because of things like effort level, buy in and plain old on the field leadership.

One thing that stands out to me that points the finger at the players a little bit at least is the fact that our front four didn't have one tackle for a loss against Ball State. That is all about effort. These guys should know how and have been coached enough to get off a block ONCE against a MAC team and make a play, and I blame effort and ownership.

This meeting makes sense from that perspective, I suspect the defensive seniors will point to the 4th quarter lead and the lack of any plays after that. Those are effort plays. Somebody on that line was man on man and if once we can't beat a MAC lineman we aren't f-ing trying hard enough.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

It's not Vero, it's the Athletics building ... It's too **** nice. We haven't won a conference title since moving in there.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

I don't know-- I heard all the players came out of the players only meeting with braided hair and painted nails, eating bon bons.