• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The players only meeting...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

Players only meeting equals taking accountability and acknowledging that something has to change.

They were embarrassed and want to do something about it. Not a bad thing!

This is what I was thinking, and hoping for. Let's see what the results might be.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think we have ever won after the players only meetings. Maybe once.

Right now, I'll take just a well-played game, let alone a win.

I'm with you on this..... A hard fought game to the end will be a sign the players have not given up on themselves.... The coaches cannot coach, but maybe the players can play.... we will see soon

I hope the players start showing some more heart and determination on the field. I just wonder how much of the problem can be addressed by players alone.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Players only meetings are never a good sign.

Usually there is some type of turmoil within the locker room.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Ya, and they are lighting a fire under their own asses to over come it. Only reason I can think to hold a players only meeting.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

You may have been on vacation last week, but, we lost to Ball effing State. State college of Balls. Yeah, there better be turmoil.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

You may have been on vacation last week, but, we lost to Ball effing State. State college of Balls. Yeah, there better be turmoil.

Wasn't talking about the loss to Balls Tate as the turmoil. I was talking about deeper rooted reasons why this team has underperformed on the field. Maybe you have noticed that this team seems to be lacking just a tad bit of passion and enthusiasm. I have a feeling these players aren't buying what the coaches are selling.

Time will tell. Hopefully they can turn this thing around.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Kind of makes you wonder what happened at Vero this year? I believe that the Athletic dept. pays quite a bit for this "bonding week". I do not question the losses as much as I do the need for a "players only meeting" this early in the year! Hopefully they righted the ship!

To blame this stuff on a training camp location is off the mark. Vero gives the coaches an advantage because, THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO DO IN VERO. Back in TSP they compete with GF's, nightlife and other distractions. To blame this season's woes on Vero is just silly. It actually amplifies the real problem. If you can't get it done in a remote location, what is the problem?????

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

To blame this stuff on a training camp location is off the mark. Vero gives the coaches an advantage because, THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO DO IN VERO. Back in TSP they compete with GF's, nightlife and other distractions. To blame this season's woes on Vero is just silly. It actually amplifies the real problem. If you can't get it done in a remote location, what is the problem?????

Finally, a voice of reason.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

The flip side is that the season is played with all of those distractions, so, maybe it would be better to attack the problem head on.

I don't blame vero for any if it, but, it's kind if Skip's MO to go ultra conservative, take the easy path.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Lol, did someone blame Vero?