• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The players only meeting...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

I have heard Skip make reference to this a few times, as well as some of the players mentioning it. After the loss to Ball State, the seniors organized a players only meeting, no coaches. I have also heard Skip and some of the players mention that the attitudes of a lot of guys really changed after this meeting.

What do you think was said in this meeting?

Do you think a players only meeting might indicate that like a lot of the fan base, the players are starting to lose faith in the coaching staff, or is that reading too much into it?

Do you think a meeting like this has the potential to change anything? I'm not saying do you think they are going to go out and beat FSU, I'm asking if you think we see a noticeable difference in the effort and execution Saturday and going forward?

How much do you think the players can take winning into their own hands if the coaches are still calling conservative and bad plays?

It just got me wondering, because I see some guys on the team who look like they want to win every week, but then others who seem to play like, "well if the coaches are okay with being mediocre, so am I".

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I was wondering when they would have one of these. It needed to happen. Hope it lit a fire in some of them.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Kind of makes you wonder what happened at Vero this year? I believe that the Athletic dept. pays quite a bit for this "bonding week". I do not question the losses as much as I do the need for a "players only meeting" this early in the year! Hopefully they righted the ship!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

"Players Only" may have a short term positive effect, but are not a good sign overall in my opinion.

As for Vero, that never sat right with me. With it looking like we need more work and less scenery I'd can it if I were in charge.

ASU does something similar, and it has varied by coach. Todd Graham did it this year - his first year there - but for different reasons.

By the way, Graham is having a good first season so far.

It probably made sense in Holtz's first year. Not sure how well prepared we are leaving Vero.

"Players Only" may have a short term positive effect, but are not a good sign overall in my opinion.

As for Vero, that never sat right with me. With it looking like we need more work and less scenery I'd can it if I were in charge.

ASU does something similar, and it has varied by coach. Todd Graham did it this year - his first year there - but for different reasons.

By the way, Graham is having a good first season so far.

It probably made sense in Holtz's first year. Not sure how well prepared we are leaving Vero.

That is what we need right now. Especially this week. Some spark to find some fight in these guys. I doubt it can get much worse lol. 3-9 and just lost to Ball St. If that isnt a good sign on its own, idk what is. It is apparent that our coaches arent changing, so to see the players take it into their own hands, I am ok with that. The results of which remain to be seen.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

Agreed, the first year in Vero made sense.

Now, it's probably a waste of money.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Agreed, the first year in Vero made sense.

Now, it's probably a waste of money.

Not saying that we should do Vero.... but from what Athletics has said, it's cost neutral to them having camp at USF.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Kind of makes you wonder what happened at Vero this year? I believe that the Athletic dept. pays quite a bit for this "bonding week". I do not question the losses as much as I do the need for a "players only meeting" this early in the year! Hopefully they righted the ship!

Hopefully it will do something to light a fire under the players, but considering who we have played so far and how early in the year it is, I agree that it is sad that they needed to have one so early in the year.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I don't think we have ever won after the players only meetings. Maybe once.

I don't think we have ever won after the players only meetings. Maybe once.

How many times have they occurred? This is a pretty beastly opponent to have it before so idk if Saturday would be the best judge.