• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mark Stoops should be the next HC at USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

Let me see if I've got this straight...

You want to fire the son of a great college football coach so we can hire the brother of a great football coach?

Have I got that right?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

Oh, nevermind.

Edited by swamprat

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

You want to fire the son of a great college football coach so we can hire the brother of a great football coach?

Have I got that right?

Wouldn't be any worse than it is now!

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Bull94 COME ON MAN ! Skips salary is more then Leavitts and his whole staff put togeather. JL had to hire HS coaches to fill spots because there was no money. We all miss Wally but he did go to Iowa St because of his son and said that when he left USf - It was the only reason he left and he said he was very happy at USF. Please don't try to re-write history

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Wasn't Stoops pretty inept at Arizona? Why would he make a great head coach here? We already have one inept coaching staff, why would I want to switch to another one.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Bull94 COME ON MAN ! Skips salary is more then Leavitts and his whole staff put togeather. JL had to hire HS coaches to fill spots because there was no money. We all miss Wally but he did go to Iowa St because of his son and said that when he left USf - It was the only reason he left and he said he was very happy at USF. Please don't try to re-write history

I said that's why he left(for his son). someone else suggested it was over the additional $5k. I said it was ridiculous to think he would move his life to iowa for a measly $5k raise.they blamed it on USF being cheap. sure we had a low budget at the time but the fact is Leavitt was the 2nd highest paid head coach at one time while his staff was close to the lowest paid in the big east.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Have I got that right?

YES, you have it spot on. One could not/would not game plan for ball state. The other made adjustments at half time to pretty much shut down a great offense. Less to do with blood lines, more to do with performance. Which would you chose?

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

considering our defense has yet to contain ANYONE, it's a little hard to believe.

Maybe playing with much more aggression will help.

Pretty sure the complaint in 2010 was that we were passive.

Ever since Wally bolted for ISU for like a 5K raise our defense has spiralled downhill into the dumpster fire we have today.

We could have kept guys like that had Woolard have given Leavitt as much rope as Skip has for assistants. Instead Leavitt never had a shot to keep anyone wirth their salt.

Leavitt actually took a larger share of the coaches pool of money than almost any coach in the country.

BTW I'm sure they could have found $5k. not sure money was the reason. I think he said he wanted to coach with his son.

Compare the salaries + coaches pool from Skip to Leavitt it's not even close.

Yeah, I do recall Wally wanting to coach with his son. At the time it was a unrealistic suggestion, but we should bring him and his boy back.

Why? There were 6-7 last year and lost to Rutgers in their bowl game. Do you want to bring back another coach that can't beat Rutgers?? The year before they were a 5 win team. 2009..7 wins! The only reasoning that makes sense with this scenario is that they are about to be fired and will be available.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

As someone else noted to me that was mike stoops at Arizona.

Wasn't Stoops pretty inept at Arizona? Why would he make a great head coach here? We already have one inept coaching staff, why would I want to switch to another one.