• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip vs. Leavitt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

So instead of winning big games and losing in conference, we are losing small games and losing in conference.

And yes, Jim did not beat a BCS team in bowl games despite two tries.

The first was in 2005 against NCState with a junior and senior class recruited out of 1-AA. Yeah shame on him.

The second was in 2007 against Oregon. You know, national championship caliber Oregon until their QB shredded a knee. And with kids recruited in CUSA and the new big east.

I'm not going to revisit the firing, but that is OT an apples to apples comparison. Everything skip wants has been given to him, while we made Jim beg for a dining hall.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I was anti Leavitt near the last few years and thought he took the program as far as he could take it but Holtz is much worse and

took the program further back.

This program is worse since he has took over and he needs to go at the end of this year.

Only way he should stay is if we turn it around and win big east but we have not a shot in hell for that to happen. This team is

mentally soft like the head coach.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

We get it, you want to get down on your knees for Charlie Strong. Enough already. Leavitt had is in bowl games for 5 straight years. Leavitt was recruiting against programs with history from a trailor and pastures as our practice fields. Leavitt was competing against his competition on a shoe string budget. Leavitt was competing against a Big East that was actually good with top 10 teams and players like Ray Rice, Steve Slaton, Pat White, Michael Bush, etc... If "The Jim" had all the advantages Skip has verse this pathetic conference he would be owning it.

interesting post but I would like to correct just one thing-- USF never had to play in pastures. They simply used the existing intramural fields we've had for decades before. I know-- minor point but you make it sound like we were dirt farmers or something

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

So instead of winning big games and losing in conference, we are losing small games and losing in conference.

The first was in 2005 against NCState with a junior and senior class recruited out of 1-AA. Yeah shame on him.

The second was in 2007 against Oregon. You know, national championship caliber Oregon until their QB shredded a knee. And with kids recruited in CUSA and the new big east.

I'm not going to revisit the firing, but that is OT an apples to apples comparison. Everything skip wants has been given to him, while we made Jim beg for a dining hall.

NC State had an impressive D Line and yes, Oregon was the talk of the nation until their star QB went down. I was pleased with the Clemson win but most Clemson fans will say that 2010 was their worst season in awhile. USF was able to route NC State at their place later.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Maybe, since USF can't pay Holtz's buyout, the university could bribe some other university to hire him away.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

We get it, you want to get down on your knees for Charlie Strong. Enough already. Leavitt had is in bowl games for 5 straight years. Leavitt was recruiting against programs with history from a trailor and pastures as our practice fields. Leavitt was competing against his competition on a shoe string budget. Leavitt was competing against a Big East that was actually good with top 10 teams and players like Ray Rice, Steve Slaton, Pat White, Michael Bush, etc... If "The Jim" had all the advantages Skip has verse this pathetic conference he would be owning it.

interesting post but I would like to correct just one thing-- USF never had to play in pastures. They simply used the existing intramural fields we've had for decades before. I know-- minor point but you make it sound like we were dirt farmers or something

Made me want to sing a negro spiritual... Masta got me workin.... Workin in da fields....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

Coach Leavitt speaks at Around the Horns golf outing-- not a maniac, just a passionate coach.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

At least he didn't feed us any ******** after a loss. That goes a long way in my book.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Made me want to sing a negro spiritual... Masta got me workin.... Workin in da fields....

Ha, ha, maybe I went a little overboard, but my point was Leavitt didn't have the nice new practice fields we now have to either recruit to, or practice on. Maybe they weren't "pastures", but were a definite step down from what we have now.