• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip vs. Leavitt

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,489
  • Days Won:  13

I don't understand why all of the pro_Leavitt people need to make the fact that Skip should be fired a Leavitt issue.

I really like Skip and until last week still stood behind him, after these two losses I feel he needs to go. But that being said I do not wish we kept Leavitt. The Leavitt BCS days consisted on winning a few big games and then losing multiple conference games that we should not have lost. Leavitt was in over his head. He never won a bowl game vs a BCS school, even Holtz has done that.

If only we got rid of Leavitt sooner maybe we could have had Charlie Strong.

It's time to end the Holtz new Era and move forward, not back.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

jim couldn't get it done and lost his mind... all he had to do was admit he lost it and he'd still be here.

skip is worse as a coach.

thats really the entire discussion, jim's never coming back so it doesn't make any difference

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

looks like we need to reopen that Leavitt Forum so we can chitcan all these BS threads to another place

Let's put it this way-- Coach Leavitt HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH USF LOSING GAMES THE PAST TWO YEARS. That is his last class of seniors-- heaven help us when it's nothing but Skip players out there.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I still think Leavitt was the guy to build this team into a winner, but I agree that the discussion is ridiculous just because Leavitt's not coming back, so who really cares? It's over and done with.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

We get it, you want to get down on your knees for Charlie Strong. Enough already. Leavitt had is in bowl games for 5 straight years. Leavitt was recruiting against programs with history from a trailor and pastures as our practice fields. Leavitt was competing against his competition on a shoe string budget. Leavitt was competing against a Big East that was actually good with top 10 teams and players like Ray Rice, Steve Slaton, Pat White, Michael Bush, etc... If "The Jim" had all the advantages Skip has verse this pathetic conference he would be owning it.

Edited by Bullshiznitz
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

I would take Leavitt back. He might love USF enough to over look that we fired him? Maybe he loves USF to pay for Skip's buyout? Pipe dream, but Leavitt at least showed emotion. Skip is just weak, other coaches know it, and they just walk all over him.

Like it was said above, I think Leavitt would be owning. I think we'd have had a winning season last year with Leavitt, and that we'd be 4-0 right now if Leavitt was coaching this team.

Without a doubt our defense would not be in it's current sorry state if Leavitt was coaching this team.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Skip couldn't coach a monkey to peel a banana.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I don't understand why all of the pro_Leavitt people need to make the fact that Skip should be fired a Leavitt issue.

I really like Skip and until last week still stood behind him, after these two losses I feel he needs to go. But that being said I do not wish we kept Leavitt. The Leavitt BCS days consisted on winning a few big games and then losing multiple conference games that we should not have lost. Leavitt was in over his head. He never won a bowl game vs a BCS school, even Holtz has done that.

If only we got rid of Leavitt sooner maybe we could have had Charlie Strong.

It's time to end the Holtz new Era and move forward, not back.

I was not "pro Leavitt" as I had a few issues with him but at the same time conceded that some things worked. Those that pounded the drum for Leavitt to be fired even before the controversy were all happy to get Skippy. Oh well. It was guys like you who hated Leavitt like poison that made this an issue. To listen to guys like you before, he was the only thing keeping USF from greatness. So it is actually not a pro Leavitt thing, its laughing at those who thought just anyone was better. Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  55
  • Days Won:  0

USF paid $2 mil a year for a name. Thats what it all comes down to. If they wanted the real thing, they should have hired the old man, not his kid! I couldn't care less when i hear an announcer on ESPN say "Lou Holtz is in the house" like they did last week. It doesn't mean squat! Almost like an idiot who overspends for golf clubs, because he thinks they are going to make him into Tiger Woods!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

Firing Leavitt was a HUGE mistake and Holtz is a continuance of that mistake.

• Downvote 1