• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip vs. Leavitt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe, since USF can't pay Holtz's buyout, the university could bribe some other university to hire him away.

Just get a kid to accuse Skip of pinching him on the butt, hire Gonzales to do an "investigation" [wink, wink, nudge, nudge] and then fire him for cause and we won't have to pay his buyout. Doug Woolard is very experienced at this.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  172

...we could have had Charlie Strong.

nuff said.

Edited by Lane311

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Skip + wally burnham > Leavitt + wally burnham ??

possible, but regardless we need someone new. Hire a DC from an SEC school.

And just why would they want to leave an SEC school and come to USF?

For a head coaching opportunity?

And a humongous fan base!!!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

We get it, you want to get down on your knees for Charlie Strong. Enough already. Leavitt had is in bowl games for 5 straight years. Leavitt was recruiting against programs with history from a trailor and pastures as our practice fields. Leavitt was competing against his competition on a shoe string budget. Leavitt was competing against a Big East that was actually good with top 10 teams and players like Ray Rice, Steve Slaton, Pat White, Michael Bush, etc... If "The Jim" had all the advantages Skip has verse this pathetic conference he would be owning it.

interesting post but I would like to correct just one thing-- USF never had to play in pastures. They simply used the existing intramural fields we've had for decades before. I know-- minor point but you make it sound like we were dirt farmers or something

Made me want to sing a negro spiritual... Masta got me workin.... Workin in da fields....

Ha, ha, maybe I went a little overboard, but my point was Leavitt didn't have the nice new practice fields we now have to either recruit to, or practice on. Maybe they weren't "pastures", but were a definite step down from what we have now.

Brian Kelly didn't have a practice field, but that didn't stop him from winning The BE, or losing to Jim leavitt!

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

We get it, you want to get down on your knees for Charlie Strong. Enough already. Leavitt had is in bowl games for 5 straight years. Leavitt was recruiting against programs with history from a trailor and pastures as our practice fields. Leavitt was competing against his competition on a shoe string budget. Leavitt was competing against a Big East that was actually good with top 10 teams and players like Ray Rice, Steve Slaton, Pat White, Michael Bush, etc... If "The Jim" had all the advantages Skip has verse this pathetic conference he would be owning it.

interesting post but I would like to correct just one thing-- USF never had to play in pastures. They simply used the existing intramural fields we've had for decades before. I know-- minor point but you make it sound like we were dirt farmers or something

Made me want to sing a negro spiritual... Masta got me workin.... Workin in da fields....

Ha, ha, maybe I went a little overboard, but my point was Leavitt didn't have the nice new practice fields we now have to either recruit to, or practice on. Maybe they weren't "pastures", but were a definite step down from what we have now.

Brian Kelly didn't have a practice field, but that didn't stop him from winning The BE, or losing to Jim leavitt!

OK, and your point is? Kelly is likely one of the top 10 coaches in the NCAA period. Hence why Notre Dame stole him from Cincy.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397

Brian Kelly inherited a ready-made bowl bound team.